Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carcass tray mesh??

Carcass tray mesh??

Not sure if this is the correct section?
    I use a plasterers bath for transporting deer from the field to larder and am wondering where to source some mesh to put in the bottom to allow the blood to drain, any economical tips welcomed!

all the best,
    mike

Mike

I just use a rubber door mat that has plenty of holes in it

Attachment 48406

iain
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

I use Swimming pool matting. It's about 10-12 mm thick plastic so easy to clean and can easily be cut to any shape tub you have.
    Most swimming pool dealers have it they may even have a used bit going cheap.

I use the Telegraph, just the correct size for the bottom of my tub.
    Soaks up the blood and can be thrown away each time, leaves the tub reasonably clean so easier to wash out.

Plastic bread trays have a moulded mesh in the bottom, virtually indestructible it is as well. Makes good mud mats if you get stuck.
    Unfortunately I don't think you can purchase these things, although you do see them left lying about , so may be difficult to obtain

Just thought I would mention them

Thanks for the tips guys, soon to be embarking on level 2 and just want to make sure I've got everything covered!

puppy training mats .99p for 5 .soak up blood like a sponge .bin em and start again atb

I also use plastic bread crates from a supermarket. The type that they stack on a wheeled base. Cut the base off the crate with a hacksaw. It is easy to clean after use.

I had one fabricated from 8mm ss rod and sized to fit my carcass size cool box. It raises the carcass by some 50mm with plenty room for the ice packs to do their job.

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    I had one fabricated from 8mm ss rod and sized to fit my carcass size cool box. It raises the carcass by some 50mm with plenty room for the ice packs to do their job.

K
    Bll**dy Hell, KB! If a job's worth doing, and all that...
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)