Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Syndicate Places Available

Syndicate Places Available

Syndicate now filled
    Last edited by HOWDAH; 09-03-2010 at 13:51.

For any one wanting this ground make sure you walk it as it is under contract from the commison and is at the moment is being shot very very hard.Also the price is four times what its worth most ground up that area gose for 1 to 1.50p per acre.

Just amazing how you can be so informed when the area is not even mentioned, or does you comment cover the whole of lowland scotland and every single woodland contained within.

I really dont think anyone would go for a syndicate rifle without walking the land first.

You are correct Neil it is amazing and i am sure you will agree that it took alot of working out to realise that the price for FC ground was getting tripled.Now the FC get all the stick from the stalking public for the price of there leases when in fact its the unscrupulous dealers who put the price up on ground that is basically worthless .But it will continue because there is always the fool and his money who is desperate for a bit of deer stalking even if the areas have very little deer. Now on that lease of yours the one at 150 acre the expectation in the area is 2 deer and your charging 750 to me that steeling to some one else 750 for 2 deer might be a great deal.

Hightower,
    my wife has just made me do a costing for the time I have put in in in organising a 6 gun stalking syndicate, upto to press I have spent 120 hrs trying to get the paperwork sorted the interviews the time taken to show people round the ground, risk assessments,shooting tests, safety equipment,high seats, padlocks etc,the list is endless. Have you any info on NeilGavin and his outlay and the time he has spent on his syndicates so that he can justify his prices.
    You are one of the chosen few if you get your stalking for nothing or at a reduced rate,you made a comment about one of his areas that I see has been removed, and quite rightly so, if you have any first hand knowledge of any of the areas he has for let then please let us all know so that we can make our own minds up,cull figures,acreage,area how many guns etc would be helpful..

Before you post another post making accusations, please will answer the accusations that you made towards David @ BASC. I see that thread is still waiting for a response from you..

I also thankyou for the PM you sent me trying to get me involved on the petty squabbling over on the deertalking site..

It seems that your posts are always inflammatory, I despise the the word unscrupulous you used to describe one of our fellow stalkers but I don't think you would consider a retraction thats just the type of person you are.

Do you know anything about anyone on here or are just here to create waves...

Before you answer any of this please respond firstly to the thread you posted about BASC..

no Regards
    griff

NEIL Firstly i have in my opinion vast experience in the carron /Fintry valley area. My stalking shooting still takes me down the valley many times a year the ground that is up for lease at the price being asked is far too expensive for the return you will get. Now this is just my opinion but it is from a chap who has stalked the area for many years. If some one wants to look at the ground and then can see that there are loads of deer because at 750 for 150 acres you would be wanting loads of deer on the ground .Or may be you wouldn't you could be the type that walks about and shoots his yearly deer having money to burn. May be you would like to accompany me on the ground and you then can give a real an honest opinion. Put then again its not your thing 600 mtr shots at deer wouldn't be possible most of the time as you would be encroaching on the boundary's.

Established Poster
    North Lanarkshire, the land that Summer forgot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    NEIL Firstly i have in my opinion vast experience in the carron /Fintry valley area. My stalking shooting still takes me down the valley many times a year the ground that is up for lease at the price being asked is far too expensive for the return you will get. Now this is just my opinion but it is from a chap who has stalked the area for many years. If some one wants to look at the ground and then can see that there are loads of deer because at 750 for 150 acres you would be wanting loads of deer on the ground .Or may be you wouldn't you could be the type that walks about and shoots his yearly deer having money to burn. May be you would like to accompany me on the ground and you then can give a real an honest opinion. Put then again its not your thing 600 mtr shots at deer wouldn't be possible most of the time as you would be encroaching on the boundary's.
    I haven't spoken to Neil about this land but I would put money on it NOT being the ground you think it is, and no I haven't taken the area you are thinking of in the Carron valley area. This is advertised as Lowland Scotland not Central Scotland which was the Carron Valley ground.

Keen to hear what vacancies you have left. Thanks.

I have a few area's out to syndicate around the UK, i appreaciate all the posts i have had, even hightower has his opinion which he is entitled to, however his negativity is getting a little tiresome.

I feel it is not upto me to justfy costs, people are free to meet and walk the land and take up a rifle if they wish, they have a right to roam and spend as much time as they like making a choice, meeting other members and building trust. Land costs im afraid hightower, simple case of supply and demand.

I am glad you see it that way Neil there is no point knocking this around people know whats what or should do. If they want to pay heavy prices so be it. By the way griff if it took me 120 hours to do the paper work for my syndicates i would have charged heavy prices also but lucky for me the paper work was easy and my wife would never dream of making me do a costing lol