Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lincolshire deer manager operating in East Sussex?

Lincolshire deer manager operating in East Sussex?

I'm managing 250 acres on the edge of the Ashdown Forest (E Sussex) operating a cull plan. The small estate next to me has just implemented its own plan, using a deer manager named 'Adam' who travels down from Lincolnshire apparently. Anyone know him / in touch with him please, as I'd like to coordinate with him and scale back our plan if required. Thanks and apologies I don't have any more information other than 'Adam'.

Why not ask the estate next door for his contact details?

The 'estate' is a small private estate owned by an 'high net worth' individual who is typically uncontactable /away on business. Their land agent didn't know.

how can the land manager not know who,s got his shooting rights lease or whatever arrangement they have in place.shall we pop down n say hi im adam and fill our boots.must be written permission to shoot knocking about with say a phone number or mm oh yes an address

Its a personal arrangement between the owner and the manager apparently. The land agent was only involved in trying to sell the estate earlier in the year after the previous owner passed away. Judging by the responses I'll just have to continue to try and contact the owner.

Good luck with your quest to find this fella, but it does sound a bit strange that no-one at the house or grounds knows that someone is going to be stalking the estate though!! How big is the estate next door?
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Hi, i would forget about adam and get on with your own cull plan,

Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey View Post
    Hi, i would forget about adam and get on with your own cull plan,
    which should be be a heavy doe cull as there are too many on the forest not being dealt with.

Atb Steve

Novice question - If the 250 acres you are managing is on the edge of a large forest, would the deer not just keep on coming if (by the sounds of it) the forest area is not being shot enough. Is the forest FC owned and let out? Maybe it would be an idea to speak to the people stalking the forest rather than the other side and se what they are up to perhaps?

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

As has been already said just get on with your cull plan
    Atb tom