Thread: ppu price Croatia @ Detonex!?

ppu price Croatia @ Detonex!?

Can anyone explain the prices posted on this page please

DETONEX - PPU

Is it per round?

This may be translated and I reckon it's per box as they equate to around 10 - 15 mate

Google Translate
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

It must be. Even for ammunition as dirty and corrosive as PPU they can't get the price as low as 1:12p per box of twenty, despite that being a pound more than it's actually worth...

Good value per box, if that's what they mean - 11Kns / kom means 11 Kuna per item - and the current exchange rate is approximately 10 Croation Kuna to the 1.
    Last edited by Adamant; 27-10-2014 at 10:09. Reason: Added information.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    It must be. Even for ammunition as dirty and corrosive as PPU they can't get the price as low as 1:12p per box of twenty, despite that being a pound more than it's actually worth...

Good value per box, if that's what they mean - 11Kns / kom means 11 Kuna per item - and the current exchange rate is approximately 10 Croation Kuna to the 1.
    where are you getting the "dirty and corrosive" from? Anything to back this up? I've shot plenty of it (thousands) in 243, 30-06, 223 and 9mm and its not done anything to the bore any worse than other brands, and the brass has always been good for reloading.

in 30-06 I did a direct comparison with Rem corelok, federal and Winchester and the ppu was getting the most consistent grouping.

i also pulled a few apart and they were as consistent as the others.

one thing you do notice is the packaging must be a big saving point as they have none of the fancy clip plastic holders or glossy card box, just simple thin card and card dividers.

regards,
    gixer

Blog Entries
    Adamant I think you are confusing PPU as military munitions maker with other brands very old stock military munitions made with primers that were corrosive.

PPU whilst certainly not being expensive is good enough. Certainly it's not corrosive not overly dirty.
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.