looks interesting,

anybody going.

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

Looks ok

probably have a wander up, it's a full day so should be worthwhile

phil

Sounds good and I'd love to but if I read it right on the booking form it costs 91.66 for the day! I can't see how it can be that much when I went to the last one on deer activity and impact which was gratis (although I'd have paid up to 30 for that one no problem!)

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Quote Originally Posted by stratts View Post
    Sounds good and I'd love to but if I read it right on the booking form it costs 91.66 for the day! I can't see how it can be that much when I went to the last one on deer activity and impact which was gratis (although I'd have paid up to 30 for that one no problem!)

Stratts
    It looks like a change in funding, the DI have probably had their budget cut like many other people.
    Yep 91 if you don't work in the forestry / deer management sector, 30 if you do.

My question is does getting an revenue from sold carcasses count as a payment? I know that HMRC thinks it is, as they like to tax me on mine. To follow the same line of reasoning, if I'm taxed on an income then I'm self employed and working in the deer management sector.
    If you go on guided stalks, then you ain't working in the sector and its 91 for a day course, which at the end of the day is no where near as expensive as other forestry courses (basic chainsaw try & assessment 115 per day for 6 days).

The UKSHA are doing a talk on shot site evaluation and everything to do with follow up as we feel this is important to everybody involved in deer/boar stalking.
    We are not taking payment in any way from these talks. We feel that getting as much information out to people will help stalkers throughout the uk, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

While this is a very good idea and I am sure people will learn. I feel that a lower price would get more to attend. The prices seems to be set at exact amount this would suggest that some one is making a few quid.I am not against that but I was told that these groups eg UKDTR and the UKSHA were voluntary and free.

Sorry Wayne just read your post and I think that is admirable but dose leave a few questions on price.

I hope it comes to a town near us but at that price the scots lads will not even get out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    While this is a very good idea and I am sure people will learn. I feel that a lower price would get more to attend. The prices seems to be set at exact amount this would suggest that some one is making a few quid.I am not against that but I was told that these groups eg UKDTR and the UKSHA were voluntary and free.
    Let me be crystal clear here......UKSHA make zero money at anything.....i believe there are costs involved in being trained and then extra costs with being put onto UKDTR's register.....
    Sure CookingFat will put me right if this is incorrect.This has nothing to do with UKSHA.

This event is run by the DI,not UKSHA/UKDTR/BMHS-all these societies are doing is a 10 minute presentation each.
    This event will be run on Best Practice that is available just now......as NO change to BP has been agreed!!!

Sorry Wayne just read your post and I think that is admirable but dose leave a few questions on price

I hope it comes to a town near us but at that price the scots lads will not even get out of bed.
    Davie.....we need to talk to LDNS concerning doing an event......also you know it will NEVER be 90/person.......
    We care about wounded animals and welfare......not making money.

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post

Sorry Wayne just read your post and I think that is admirable but dose leave a few questions on price.

Davie,
    for your information UKDTR are not making a penny from this event, in fact it's going to cost me money in Diesel to get there and they will probably make me pay to attend as Jamie Cordery is doing the talking for UKDTR,
    as for the stalkers shot site information which can be seen on our home page, UKDTR
    I do agree that it is a bit costly for a days training when you consider that you can get an equivalent if not better days training with the NGO or us for half the money, I am not sure how many applicants would expect to be eligible for the RDPE funding.

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

I was thinking of the "What's inside a deer" near Bath in a few weeks, but at 90 for a morning or afternoon I am finding it hard to sign up.
    Starbucks. It's not my cup of tea.

Hants I will tell you a cheaper option go out with SIKA MALC 75 and shoot a deer then ask him what's in it. Or any other guide near Hampshire.

Ok Tony dare I ask who set the price and what has Jamie Cordury got to do with the UKDTR. He is head of training and development for the DI is that not a problem for the tracking groups.

George I am sure I could organise a day mate and I would hope the UKSHA AND UKDTR would attend but I was waiting for the official stance on the new BP guides regards tracking and follow up.??????