Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stickers.

Stickers.

My mate had every bit of glass on his Range Rover smashed a while back due to him being a member of a wee fishing club. I have BASC, SD, SGA and BDS stickers on the rear quarters of my Landie.
    Apart from the obvious anti risk it does advertise the fact i may have guns on board... Am i being paranoid?

SD Regular
    No. Afraid you are not. Some see what we do as cruel and seek to "punish" us for our wickedness by acts of vandalism of our property.

Nope, our feo actually advises us not to have the BASC sticker in the motor. Not so much about the anti's more that it may advertise we have guns and expensive kit in the car when parked up! Sign of the times unfortunately!!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    My mate had every bit of glass on his Range Rover smashed a while back due to him being a member of a wee fishing club. I have BASC, SD, SGA and BDS stickers on the rear quarters of my Landie.
    Apart from the obvious anti risk it does advertise the fact i may have guns on board... Am i being paranoid?
    As the man said...

Quote by Joseph Heller: “Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they ...”

Is he sure that the fishing club was the cause?
    My car came with a basc sticker but I'm now thinking of taking it off, reluctantly.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

As I found out to my cost, any field-sports related stickers attached to any car parked in greater London is as good as an invite for any misfit anti-social leftie to have a go either at the vehicle or any occupant of it.
    One one occasion a window was broken, on another two windows smashed and the paintwork keyed.
    Final straw was when some parasite threatened me with assault cos he alleged I was cruel to animals, in effect a murderer or some such BS & he was going to sort me out on behalf of bambi.
    I of course reported this to the police, but they preferred to accuse me of antagonising him by having the stickers on display - apparently it was his right to be offended!
    I'm dead sure they couldn't be bothered with the paperwork and didn't want the stinking PoS in their car any more than I wanted to be aware of his existence, but still.
    So, I came to the conclusion that it's not worth the hassle any more, I hate surrendering to the feckers by removing all my BASC, BDS and other stickers, but it's easier to live with that than fixing a damaged motor or arguing with a low-life.
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

My wildfowling companion just had an RSPB sticker in his car, never had any trouble,

Broke the glass on a Range Rover! they were probably after the sticker!

Seriously though you are not being paranoid but its a risk we take,lets face it there's a fair chance any Range Rover
    especially if its newish might might be carrying valuables, likewise a Land Rover or any 4x4 says probably country folk
    so maybe guns, maybe equestrian stuff all valuable and at risk.

plates like A1 GUN and GR04SE are probably more of an invitation to have your car broken into than a sticker.

Yes there's a risk, personally I have decided to take that risk and not have my life choices dictated to by those who disagree with them .

However in the unlikely event of someone breaking into my car, they would probably take pity on me and leave me something.
    Last edited by bogtrotter; 29-10-2014 at 13:02.

I suppose the question is do the shooting organisations put stickers in their cars or have logo's?

I wont have a single sticker on any car
    don't care if it is advertising the garage that sold it or my membership of any club or organisation

I once had a think about why I would be putting anything in the window, can't think of a single reason.
    However I can think of a 1000 reasons not to give any toe rag the chance of damaging my property

It's amusing that a potential threat is regarded as 'a life choice being dictated too'. Why display badges of any kind in a vehicle? Not only are you obscuring vision a little, but you're turning your own private vehicle it into a mobile advertising hoarding. Surely just paying your membership fee is satisfaction enough that you're supporting kindred organisations financially?
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.