Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strasser RS05 who uses them in the 9.3x62?

Strasser RS05 who uses them in the 9.3x62?

Had my first play with a strasser today. I liked the 6 shot magazine which is just the shot for driven hunts. Anybody using one in 9.3x62 for deer stalking and how are you finding it ?

Nobody using a strasser?

As internetists increasingly say:

Crickets.

I think they're great rifles, but they've not caught on here (yet?). For the money, people still buy Blasers.

The new, fixed-barrel RS Solo makes more sense in the current market, I think.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Quote Originally Posted by mchughcb View Post
    Nobody using a strasser?
    Not by the seems of it. They haven't really caught on here yet mate, if they ever will. Not many would be likely to use one in that calibre for stalking over here either because of our restrictive licensing system which regards that cartridge as mostly suitable for Africa and dangerous game. Yes seriously they regard it as only just short of a bazooka.

Most of the comments I've heard from shooters on seeing one for the first time is far too expensive and fugly.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gain View Post
    As internetists increasingly say:

Crickets.

I think they're great rifles, but they've not caught on here (yet?). For the money, people still buy Blasers.

The new, fixed-barrel RS Solo makes more sense in the current market, I think.
    They do have some very cool features. The high capacity detachable mag being one, the bolt face change out like the M03 being two and the integrated swivel/takedown tool being three. The QD mounts are unique as well. Prices over here are on par with the other major german brands so we'll see how they go.

Quote Originally Posted by mchughcb View Post
    They do have some very cool features. The high capacity detachable mag being one, the bolt face change out like the M03 being two and the integrated swivel/takedown tool being three. The QD mounts are unique as well. Prices over here are on par with the other major german brands so we'll see how they go.
    The trigger system is very fine too. Looks-wise, they're not lovely, and IMO are preferable in their plainest forms.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

The Consul 1 model looks quite pleasing to my eye. How do the prices compare with Oz?

Attachment 48591

http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/...3+Win+21+Inch/

I don't normally shop with this outfit but they're only down the road from me, so I'll pop in and have a look at them. I'm in the market for a 9.3 and unless a s/h double comes along at the right price the Strasser might be a possibility.

The one I was holding was 1870 pounds, standard, returned by customer who was upgrading to a luxus version. The "new" one was about 2300 pounds. There is no doubt that 6 shot plus one in the chamber for the 9.3 makes it a formidable driven hunt gun. The open sights are superb and the stock comb sits nice and high. The action is very smooth. The weight was about 3.2kg so a little heavy but certainly less than my 9.3 double at 3.4kg. I forgot to mention the set trigger. Thats a good setup if you are going to shoot out of a hochsitz.

[QUOTE=Orion;868528]The Consul 1 model looks quite pleasing to my eye.

Attachment 48591

In the country of the blind, the one eyed man is king.