Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gun control again

gun control again

off we go again the mp for derby chris Williamson is on tv as I post this saying private ownership of all firearms should be banned and that the public are subsidising the cost of our fac/sg licence. he also stated he has asked the home office to ban the private gun ownership to everyone except the government (. is this mp on the payroll of some of our well known charities ?) . hold on to your hats folks the antis are going to milk this one

MP'S just like to here themselves talk, the problem with that is a very noisy minority belive them.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Yvette Cooper has just been saying something similar on Radio 4: Double killing prompts Labour gun review call | Storytracker | PoliticsHome
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Well I think they should also ban the private ownership of motor cars - they're responsible for lots of deaths, not to mention the environmental damage they do. And it should be illegal to keep and / or consume alcohol in the home - just think of all the domestic misery caused by drinking, that could so easily be avoided!

Ownership of guns pales into insignificance by comparison.

A chap murdered his wife and two daughters in Bradford then hung himself! Bodies found on monday! Strange how he did all this without a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by mark s View Post
    A chap murdered his wife and two daughters in Bradford then hung himself! Bodies found on monday! Strange how he did all this without a gun?
    'spect some politician is now planning a proposal to ban private ownership of bits of rope.

The way knife crime is in this country, I'm surprised they aren't handing guns out.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

oh I forgot we have a general election in 2015 so I expect the political classes will use this just like banning guns was used to get votes after dunblaine. and that was the labour party so Yvette cooper on radio 4 must be just be getting in before the rest jump on the band wagon.

Knowing that politicians generally have sort memories and a deep desire to jump on whatever bandwagon they think is a winner, could I urge you all to write to your own MPs and prompt them to (re)look at the "Value of Shooting" report and perhaps also remind them of the necessity for pest control in supporting British farmers and the timber industry.
    I only shot my first deer this year, I'd like to have a few more years of it!
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSimon View Post
    Knowing that politicians generally have sort memories and a deep desire to jump on whatever bandwagon they think is a winner, could I urge you all to write to your own MPs and prompt them to (re)look at the "Value of Shooting" report and perhaps also remind them of the necessity for pest control in supporting British farmers and the timber industry.
    I only shot my first deer this year, I'd like to have a few more years of it!

and remind them that We are also members of the public and tax payers too ( a fct they seem to gloss over every time its said Tax payers are subsidising some strange non contributing section of society ) not to mention the fact that the VAT we pay after getting a grant for a slot more than covers the shortfall in the FAC Fee let alone every shot also pays 20%in tax to the gov a reason to only grand larger more expensive to load calibres: