Thread: Canadian Hunting

Canadian Hunting

This post is intended for our Canadian friends or anyone who can help.

I have a passion to hunt Canada I have some relatives in British Columbia but they dont hunt if they did that would solve my problem.

So how do I go about hunting in Canada without having to sell my house to pay the cost, there must be a cheaper way than I have found over the internet.

Their must be someone on the directory who can point me in the right diection.

HELP Please.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

I have been to Canada 3 times hunting we just booked through a outfitter in Canada over the internet.
    it was not what i would call a drama fairly straight forward ask for references from previous clients and give a couple a call to get the general idea.

Tags and various licences we picked up over there the ministry of natural recourses where very helpful with any questions we had.
    Give it a go wonderful country and the people where very friendly.

What do you want to hunt?

Bear over bait, especially with archery tackle, can be had cheaply and with minimal problems (easy to cross the border with a bow). Further, the success is rather high

At the opposite end would be sheep (stone, dall, bighorn) which are quite expensive and require a guide.

coming from your location, I would look into PEI, New Foundland - guided woodland caribou, bear, moose can be had reasonably with fair success rates.

i have hunted both Quebec and Alberta, and once you get north of the US border the country rapidly becomes sparsely populated and Scandinavian like (lots of bush, relatively low game density)

cheapest moose hunting I found was in newfoundland, go in the rut and you will be in with a good chance...its only 5 hours or so away too which cuts down on flight costs..good luck

Come on gents there must be someone on here that can give me some more advice, thank you to the people that have allready posted some advice.

Moose to start with but the prices I can find start at about 5000 which I cant afford

Hope this helps mate...the cheapest I found...I went with my old man and we got 3 moose and we flew in on a boat plane from deer lake...it's mainly meat hunters coming up from the states.it's rough and ready but really wild hunting .We got 3 moose including 2 good Bulls around 900lb-1000lb..we had black bear tags but they were up in the mountains on the blueberries so no joy there.We Saw woodland caribou too but they are holding back on the tags as they took a dip in numbers recently. Brook trout in all the lakes
    http://heritage.nfnet.net/contact/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg