Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which cold weather boots.?

Which cold weather boots.?

Hi.

looking for suggestions on some ankle length type boots for night sitting in extreme cold. Something that obviously keeps your feet warm, but not sweat!

thanks.

neoprene wellies and some nice thick wool socks.

I plan to be stalking on Friday and thinking of getting the flip flops out again 21 degrees for cast!

Sorels
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Sorel Glacier Boots good down to minus 45, used in Canada for snow mobiles, used up high seats in the UK through the night by idiots like me.
    The other bit of kit I can recommend are Lowe Alpine Turbine Convert Mitten Gloves.
    Last but not least is a Ariston gas boiler and 6 radiators..............

I sit out all night, everynight over lambing time, wearing Dunlop Purofort Thermo wellies. Just one pair of thin socks, and feet always warm as toast.

Those wellies are all the rage in the Welsh hills but you rarely if ever see them anywhere else!

When we used to go on the hill for goat counting and gathering the lads in those had heaps more grip that anyone in boots, grip like tractor tyres!

Make sure your boots are not too small if you want them to be warm, tight boots are cold boots in my experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Newcombe View Post
    Those wellies are all the rage in the Welsh hills but you rarely if ever see them anywhere else!

When we used to go on the hill for goat counting and gathering the lads in those had heaps more grip that anyone in boots, grip like tractor tyres!

!
    That's the ones! Like putting four-wheel-drive on your feet, and toasty warm too!
    Bought a pair for the missus as well, and even she doesn't bleat on about cold feet any more.

Quote Originally Posted by VSS View Post
    I sit out all night, everynight over lambing time, wearing Dunlop Purofort Thermo wellies. Just one pair of thin socks, and feet always warm as toast.
    Just looked at these. Look pretty good!

A pair of Walenki Russian felt boots (check on the German fleaboy site) weigh bugger all, so carry in rucksack and change into them at your seat but not for walking in wet/damp conditions only powder dry snow like Siberia. Work for me.
    Martin