Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nomad poor quality.

Nomad poor quality.

My Nomad smock was away back to Asia for a new zip for four months and it leaks like a sieve, all the taping has detatched after a few gentle wool washes. No makers label, no size label, no washing instructions and probably cost 3X what it should have.
    Hood double the size it should be and the fabric pilled from day one....
    Must be the most rubbish coat i have ever bought and not cheap.

Have a coat and a hill smock also one pair of pants for about 7 years for hill and woodland use they have seen a lot of use now but never leaked in in every bit of bad weather I have seen, would only replace them with another nomad product due to my experience with them

I've never had any problem with waterproofing, the hood is meant to be big so accommodate a helmet....its part of their design..... the taping can be re done by sending it back to nomad (not Asia) they will re do them, if its not an old garment, if it were under warranty I would expect this to be done for free but im guessing this isn't a new item? pilling on fleeces happens, not a lot you can do about it, it doesn't affect their abilities though. If I bought something technical like that and it didn't have labels I think I would have been in touch with the retailer before even attempting to wash it, something doesn't stack up there.....
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    My Nomad smock was away back to Asia for a new zip for four months and it leaks like a sieve, all the taping has detatched after a few gentle wool washes. No makers label, no size label, no washing instructions and probably cost 3X what it should have.

they are over priced rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post

But apart from that.......

Apart from that... the man made matierial will have you sweating faster than a Tesco shareholder.

Stop buying factory seconds from TK Max tightarse!.

Sounds like a market stall item from that program they do on telly, "Fake Britain".
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Out of curiosity I had to go & check; my smock doesn't have any labels either & yes, I agree, the hood is worse than useless. Why would anyone put a helmet on then pull a hood over the top?

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    Out of curiosity I had to go & check; my smock doesn't have any labels either & yes, I agree, the hood is worse than useless. Why would anyone put a helmet on then pull a hood over the top?
    Some quad / machine riders need to keep out that Scottish hill rain, and wear a helmet to comply with their regs.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!