Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can I bring ammunition back on the ferry from France?

Can I bring ammunition back on the ferry from France?

Hello everyone. I'm going to France soon to see the in-laws. If I pick up some ammunition in the local gunshop with my EFP, is there any reason I can't bring it back on the ferry? I won't be travelling with firearms as my hunting brother-in-law became a father again two days ago so I very much doubt that we're going hunting... I just thought I could pick up a box of 7x57r to play with the drilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm going to France soon to see the in-laws. If I pick up some ammunition in the local gunshop with my EFP, is there any reason I can't bring it back on the ferry? I won't be travelling with firearms as my hunting brother-in-law became a father again two days ago so I very much doubt that we're going hunting... I just thought I could pick up a box of 7x57r to play with the drilling.
    done it loads of times just put it in your bag but don't forget to take your fac just in case your stopped. I don't even tell the customs or go through the red channel if its on your fac you don't need to.

Quote Originally Posted by ndt man View Post
    done it loads of times just put it in your bag but don't forget to take your fac just in case your stopped. I don't even tell the customs or go through the red channel if its on your fac you don't need to.
    You can buy ammo in france without a firearm certificate?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry270 View Post
    You can buy ammo in france without a firearm certificate?
    Just use your EFP as authority if they ask for a permis de chasse (hunting licence).
    Last edited by 8x57; 31-10-2014 at 06:12.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

When I have done it I put it on my FAC myself and get the shop to stamp it and keep the receipt. I never tell the ferry owners or customs.
    Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake..

Wouldn't you need an import licence for this? If I were to drive to Germany and buy ammo on my EFP, I'd be in deep trouble if I tried to bring it into Denmark again without an import licence (in the unlikely event that I was stopped by the police or customs).

Denmark must take a slightly different view on it TT? It is for personal use not for resale so shouldn't be a problem in any case don't we live in the common market?

I don't see why you are signing it on to your FAC Munty or even getting the shop to stamp it on to your certificate in France. Your FAC has no validity in France.

If it's expanding ammunition you need an import licence.

F

When we lived there ( 1999-2001) you could stock up off the shelf in the village supermarket!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Homes View Post
    If it's expanding ammunition you need an import licence.

F
    If you are going to France to shoot and take ammo with you do you then need an export licence then?
    So what is the difference if you buy ammo in France to use on a boar hunt and don't use it all, will you need an import licence to bring it back, I can't see that being the case.

Now I see from your avatar that you have shot in Africa Frank, things may be quite different with Africa, but with most of Europe ???