Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jagd und Hund 2015

Jagd und Hund 2015

Just wondering if anyone has been to this event in the last couple of years, and what were your impressions?

ATB,

HL

I went about ten years ago, Different to our usual country shows here as all indoors. I liked it though. Thinking about going this year, if I can get away with it!

Never been before but im going this year, can't wait!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

I'm going. Flight and hotel booked.

Really is a great show, a true eye opener the first time you go. Instead of doing the rounds looking for something of interest, as I did at the UK game fair this year, it is all around you in spades. Very much aimed at the deer stalker, boar shooter and rifleman with halls on forestry, outfitters from round the world and fishing too. The Veltins bar makes a very convenient RV!

The Veltins bar makes a very convenient RV![/QUOTE]
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

If Sd Members are going on the wednesday 4th february and are in need for some translating, help or just a meetup give me a pm.
    Link to the site of Jagd und Hund:

Westfalenhallen Dortmund GmbH - Home

i think it is the largest hunting and shooting fair in Europe and has loads to see. Apart from the normal goods you can for instance visit semenairs about foxcalling or roebuckhunting, visit dog training sessions and see all types of dogs and get information from the breeders, see women modelling hunting outfits, do some fly fishing, drive a 4X4 parcours etc etc. Loads of PH from all over the world to book a trip or see different types of build high seats and get some advice. You will not be bored... Apart from the hunter / stalker they also have a big fishing section.

Guys sorry to resurrect an old thread but i'm thinking of going next year. Can anyone give me some advise as to where to stay / where not to stay? I've found some reasonable flights just want to book some accommodation.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

WH

Quote Originally Posted by White Hart View Post
    Guys sorry to resurrect an old thread but i'm thinking of going next year. Can anyone give me some advise as to where to stay / where not to stay? I've found some reasonable flights just want to book some accommodation.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

WH
    I stayed at the Hotel Mecure in Dortmund. Couple of hundred meters to the train station. Loads of Taxi's outside of the station. A short walk to some good eating places in the evening.

Done it yearly since 2004 helped a pal out on his stand for the first 4 years and it is for exhibitors and visitors hard on the feet, 1a to the Veltins, the wild boar susages (next to sFa stand near the entrance escalator are yummy.
    The dog breeder clubs are awesome with their openness and knowledge. The lectures also 1a you really need 2 days min to enjoy it.
    Entrance fee is around 15 Euros so use the savings compared to the CLA entrance price for 2 days to cover an early booked Easy/Ryan flight.
    There is an Ibis hotel also around 55 per night but it all gets booked up quickly (try booking one without paying up front as is done by many suppliers to BMW in Munich, they then cancel at the last moment if not needed it keeps yer options open.
    Martin