Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloody Halloween

Bloody Halloween

Sounds like world war 3 outside, fireworks, kids screaming, folk running up and down. I've put a sign in the window saying no trick or treaters.
    At least the pup is getting plenty of exposure to loud bangs and isn't bothered at all. I just don't see how turning your kids out in the dark to irritate the neighbors is considered acceptable once a year.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Ba humbug
    Luckily with living in the sticks we don't get any
    Regards pete

I see you've bought you're mask already

A work colleague used to reply to the "trick or treat" question with...
    "I'll have a treat please".
    He got eggs thrown at his house.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

I have seen it with the older kids going scanking people for money and then getting older ones to spend the money on beer in the local shop. In my opinion you should only hand out sweets for the younger kids. You cannot take it out on the genuine cases where the parent has taken a lot of time and effort in transforming the child into a little monster. I also must agree some do not take much effort.

Quote Originally Posted by gelert View Post
    I see you've bought you're mask already
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSimon View Post
    Sounds like world war 3 outside, fireworks, kids screaming, folk running up and down. I've put a sign in the window saying no trick or treaters.
    At least the pup is getting plenty of exposure to loud bangs and isn't bothered at all. I just don't see how turning your kids out in the dark to irritate the neighbors is considered acceptable once a year.
    Sign in the window saying no trick or treaters... I'm tempted to travel down and chuck eggs at your house myself... Ba humbug is right

We get some sweets in. Small village so only get a few. I don't mind them

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

SWMBO has found the answer.

Steve.

Steve.

We no longer take part because when we did, we gave sweets to the youngsters then word got round and we had gangs of them every few minutes.
    Also this thing about throwing eggs about which seems to be associated with halloween, what's that all about ?
    one guy had some thrown at his car windscreen - fine until it went down the air vents !!
    When I was small, about sixty five years ago, I was always told to be wary of any adults offering sweets to small kids and with what we read about in the papers today I still think that advice holds