Thread: remington ammunition - availability

remington ammunition - availability

I'm sure a lot of members are aware of the farcical situation that has arisen since remington changed importers.

My 270 goes best with the remington 150g corelokt rounds. I've not seen any for sale for over a year, despite trying shops around the country.

So my question is, has anyone seen them on the shelf recently (where?!?) and/or does anyone have some in their possession they'd be willing to part with?

Novice

Just be grateful that you can't get any mate and go and look for some decent ammo. Or start reloading which if you shoot more than a box or two a year will be cheaper in the long run and give more satisfying results.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Just be grateful that you can't get any mate and go and look for some decent ammo. Or start reloading which if you shoot more than a box or two a year will be cheaper in the long run and give more satisfying results.
    Bit of a bold statement :-) I tried 5 types of ammo from memory through the rifle, including some Norma and sako at very strong money. The remington shot into one hole, the others didnt.

Novice

Yes a bold statement indeed but all the Remington ammunition I have ever tried including pistol and rimfire as well as centrefire has been plain awful. Saying that I have used and continue to use some of their components on occasion. with good results. Perhaps they just don't put care into the assembly?
    Cost obviously doesn't come into the equation because both Remington and Winchester are know for targeting the budget end of the market yet Winchester can produce a reasonable product for the price.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.