Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disaster

Disaster

Morning chaps,

some of you know that over the last 3/4 months I have been feeding a number of Fallow with Fawns in a smallish wood that I shoot and trail cams have showed that they were resident,

I was hoping to take a Buck when they appeared or a Doe this morning but Hey guess what, the plonker of a farmer (yes I am peed off) allowed the local hunt to go rampaging through the woods yesterday despite me telling him, only last month, of my plans and agreeing to let him have a haunch, which he really likes.

Not being too experienced in deer management the question is will they return soon after Hounds have driven them off and is it worth continuing to lay feed down for them?

I suppose I know they will return in time but just P"ssd off big time at the moment as it would have been good to have had some sport this morning.

Grumble over lol,

Regards WB

Quote Originally Posted by willowbank View Post
    Morning chaps,

some of you know that over the last 3/4 months I have been feeding a number of Fallow with Fawns in a smallish wood that I shoot and trail cams have showed that they were resident,

I was hoping to take a Buck when they appeared or a Doe this morning but Hey guess what, the plonker of a farmer (yes I am peed off) allowed the local hunt to go rampaging through the woods yesterday despite me telling him, only last month, of my plans and agreeing to let him have a haunch, which he really likes.

Not being too experienced in deer management the question is will they return soon after Hounds have driven them off and is it worth continuing to lay feed down for them?

I suppose I know they will return in time but just P"ssd off big time at the moment as it would have been good to have had some sport this morning.

Grumble over lol,

Regards WB
    Don't worry their be back , a couple of my places have shoots , the beaters push the deer out but within a couple of days , or sooner , its normally back to normal ...

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post
    Normally be back that night
    +1 or even sooner. I have actually seen the hunt in the adjoining field and a herd of fallow hunkered down in the woods within 50 yards of them.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

No its not a disaster. A disaster is when you lose your family in a earthquake, sunami or such. If i was the farmer and you called me a plonker you would be off the ground direct.

Deer manager please don't make me laugh.

I wouldn't worry too much. Fallow being Fallow they will be back overnight or within a couple of days, if not disturbed too much.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Q WG
    ( Hey guess what, the plonker of a farmer )!!!!!!
    Guess he own's the land and can do what he wishes just smile and be lucky he is't a member on here
    No one owns the deer they will come back to your feed points as its free on tap grub.

AAh come on fella's, it could have been worse, it might have been dog walkers or trail bikers!.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Established Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagare View Post
    No its not a disaster. A disaster is when you lose your family in a earthquake, sunami or such. If i was the farmer and you called me a plonker you would be off the ground direct.

Deer manager please don't make me laugh.
    What an unnecessarily rude response. Cut the guy some slack.

Quote Originally Posted by tom_o_m View Post
    What an unnecessarily rude response. Cut the guy some slack.
    I have to agree. I imagine WB has put a lot of hard work in and feared it was all in vein! Maybe he was letting off a bit of steam ?!? So in answer to the post stick with it WB they should be back.