Thread: Hilltrek ventile jackets

Hilltrek ventile jackets

Has anyone any experience of this companies products. Looking at the ventile outer with paramo analogy liner to produce a more robust version of the paramo fabric

A hilltrek jacket will not fail you. However just be seated when discussing prices

I have been using one of their double ventile jackets for a while now, love it.
    Bought it secondhand for £100, but would have been just as impressed if I had bought
    it new and paid the full price.

Neil.

I have used a Ventile jacket for 15 years every now and then I wash it it cotton waterproofer and away it goes again and its seriously breathable
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Quote Originally Posted by srvet View Post
    Has anyone any experience of this companies products. Looking at the ventile outer with paramo analogy liner to produce a more robust version of the paramo fabric
    No, but I do rather fancy one of the following now you've prompted me to look:

Braemar Double Ventile® Windshirt
    Over the head smock in Double Ventile®, integral hood with volume adjuster, large pouch pocket, Velcro closure storm flap and cuffs, hem drawcord, scooped tail, compass pocket and kangaroo Pocket
    New improved three piece hood with volume adjuster

Price: £245.00 (Including*VAT at 20%)

Cheers

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

I replaced by nearly 20 year old Snowsled Classic Ventile Smock with the Bergans Morgedal Bergans Morgedal Anorak - Dark Khaki. So far pretty impressed, although mine is Red and more for cross country skiing etc. only criticism is the kangaroo chest pocket doesn't allow the main zip to open to allow plenty of breathing. My snowsled had a chest pocket either side of the main zip, and you can open it up when blowing hard, or you can easily stuff your gloves in there when you need to use your fingers. The Morgedal at £150 seems very good value. I have also removed the Velcro on the wrists and replaced with elastic - a ten minute job - I hate Velcro on jackets - it gets caught on everything!

Established Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by srvet View Post

I would also be interested in knowing how the various Ventile brands compare: Hilltrek, Snowsled, Country Innovation etc.

I have Ventile jackets from Hilltrek and Barbour, and smocks from Hilltrek and Westwinds.
    The Barbour is far and away the best made jacket, but is a bit heavy for all but deep winter use.
    But I mostly wear the Hilltrek jacket, comfortable and light, and as yet never let a drop in.
    The single layer Westwards smock is always in the car, and probably gets the most use, including
    while working around the lakes, if the rain is really heavy it does let a bit in, but I still remain
    warm and comfortable.

Neil.