Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night vision Monocular

Night vision Monocular

Hi guys,

Im looking for a night vision monocular to be used with my Nite Site for shooting rabbits and rats in the dark.

What would you recommend as this is a new sort of thing (Night shooting) to me and im not sure whats good and whats crap.

What would you recommend or what do you guys use.

Cheers all

Steve.

SD Regular
    There are a couple of things to consider here:

Firstly - is it just a spotter? Think about the mag range you might want as a 1:1 means spotting may be difficult. Also think about sight range - at what range do you need to be able to see. In simple terms, more range = more money, but think also about the IR source you're using as a good one will get the best out of a unit.

Nick100 had a Ranger 5x42 on here recently - that would be a good buy IMO.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

I have a Swarovski NVM for sale in optics... maybe a bit strong for spotting rats??

a friend of mine has a little bresser it cost him about 100 and has a little onboard ir and can see about 25yrds with it at a push so a load of rubbish really that is until he showed it to me with a lightforce 170 lamp with a ir filter and it was amazing for 100 i was seeing rabbits at over 150yrds i would imagine that with a t20 it would be a fantastic cheap little peice of kit

Farmer uses a Bresser,i lent him my spare firefly laser and he picks Fox eyes up near 200yds and sees them ok at 100yds.It has a doubler on the front too i must add which helps.

Quote Originally Posted by sir-lamp-alot View Post
    a friend of mine has a little bresser it cost him about 100 and has a little onboard ir and can see about 25yrds with it at a push so a load of rubbish really that is until he showed it to me with a lightforce 170 lamp with a ir filter and it was amazing for 100 i was seeing rabbits at over 150yrds i would imagine that with a t20 it would be a fantastic cheap little peice of kit
    Thats what I have with a t20 ir mounted using a scope ring screwed into the tripod hole. Once the focus and lighting has been set up, its fantastic for very little cash

Is that the Bresser 5x50 spotter you guys are talking about? I've been looking into this meself and not sure whether to get Gen1 or digital, like the Yukon or Pulsar?
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Pulsar Recon 750 here, very pleased with it.

Neil.

yes it is the 5x50 that im on about stratts

I've had the Bresser Nightlux for about 4 yrs and fitted it with a rail to attach a small Pulsar IR. For the 100 paid its a decent bit of kit. I "upgraded" a couple of years ago to the 5x digital version but sold it on as it was too much like looking through a letterbox. The Nightlux is 3.1x.