Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mauser m03

Mauser m03

have a few grand burning a hole in my pocket was thinking of trading in my tikka t3 hunter 243,for the Mauser m03 ,seen one in my local gun shop and really like it .but is it worth the extra .or should i just stick with the t3,which is a very accurate rifle in its own right.

That's my plan I've sold a .223 and im selling a .308 and im going to buy a MO3 extreme in 6.5 x 55 I've baught the scope mounts already and a S/H travel case

and use one gun for all a freind off here who I stalk with uses one and it's lovely to use

I just fancy owning one

Quote Originally Posted by Markfox View Post
    That's my plan I've sold a .223 and im selling a .308 and im going to buy a MO3 extreme in 6.5 x 55 I've baught the scope mounts already and a S/H travel case

and use one gun for all a freind off here who I stalk with uses one and it's lovely to use

I just fancy owning one
    Hello Mark,
    Is the 6.5x 55 better than the .308 for an all rounder?
    Thanks Phil

I have had a T3, great out of the box rifle for the money now got a M03 and cant fault it, it suits me v well. Other rifles I have had I have allways been messing with trying to make them better. I am content just to use the M03 with a bit of load development to keep me interested

you wont go wrong with the m03 i bit the bullet and spent some cash 3 years ago & dont regret it on bit they oze quality
    had sako and t3 and howa imo m03 is supperior in every way

I've got an M03 in 308. Can't fault it at all, I'm more than pleased with it.

If it were me, I would put my money into a Blaser.
    The Blasers scope mount is on the Barrel so it actually returns to zero when changing barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant.N View Post
    The Blasers scope mount is on the Barrel so it actually returns to zero when changing barrels.

And the MO3 isn't on the barrel,but yet still holds zero

Stan

MO3 in 6.5 x 55 and 9.3 x 62
    Blaser K95 in .243

Quote Originally Posted by Grant.N View Post
    I have an M03 in 308 and 9.3 x 62 and its a fabulous rifle .... genuinely holds zero after removal of the scopes - not sure if you are inferring that only a Blaser can do that?

Anyway, its extremely accurate for me with RWS factory ammunition in both calibres and I would not change it, that's for sure!

HunterMoore

My M03 is in .270. Had it out with me most weeks for the past 5 months. Taken it down completely a few times for a thorough clean after being out in the inclement weather. Not had a problem with it holding zero so far. You will be carrying a little more weight than your T3 but don't let this put you off as it is a very well balanced rifle and absorbs recoil better than a feather weight rifle would. I wouldn't be trading it.