Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dsc 2

Dsc 2

Hoping to do a few witnessed stalks next week for DSC2. Any tips great fully received.

BE

Are you confident that from your experience you have built up you can demonstrate the theory detailed in the DSC1 manual in practice and answer any questions that might crop up along the way? If so then don't worry and enjoy the stalk. If you have any doubts then talk it over with an AW before hand. Going on a pre DSC2 assessment stalk with an AW can also save a lot of hassle and worth considering.

Hope the answer is yes! Will try and enjoy.

Go back through your DSC 1 manual and brush up on relevant theory.
    Have a look at the Best Practise guidelines online.
    http://www.thedeerinitiative.co.uk/best_practice/
    Pay particular attention to Lymph gland sites and know what looks normal/abnormal. Know what to do if you find abnormalities and who to call (have the number in your mobile!)
    Go onto DMQ website here. As well as the candidate guide, have a good look at the Witness Guide which will give you an idea of what the AW is after and also the sort of questions they may ask.
    http://www.dmq.org.uk/download.htm
    Consider what you would do if you wounded an animal. Even if you shoot all 3 animals well, you will be questioned on this as well as actions on abnormalities. Sort all your kit out so it is spot on - including your vehicle. Carcass tray with blood soak fitted.
    Consider what you will do with the carcass - gralloch site (preferably suspended), transport, storage (temperature/protection), cull records/tags/data?
    PM me if you get stuck or fancy a chat.
    Proper Job!
    MS
    Last edited by Monkey Spanker; 02-11-2014 at 19:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Go back through your DSC 1 manual and brush up on relevant theory.
    Have a look at the Best Practise guidelines online.
    http://www.thedeerinitiative.co.uk/best_practice/
    Pay particular attention to Lymph gland sites and know what looks normal/abnormal. Know what to do if you find abnormalities and who to call (have the number in your mobile!)
    Go onto DMQ website here. As well as the candidate guide, have a good look at the Witness Guide which will give you an idea of what the AW is after and also the sort of questions they may ask.
    http://www.dmq.org.uk/download.htm
    Consider what you would do if you wounded an animal. Even if you shoot all 3 animals well, you will be questioned on this as well as actions on abnormalities. Sort all your kit out so it is spot on - including your vehicle. Carcass tray with blood soak fitted.
    Consider what you will do with the carcass - gralloch site (preferably suspended), transport, storage (temperature/protection), cull records/tags/data?
    PM me if you get stuck or fancy a chat.
    Proper Job!
    MS
    Fair play to you MS! I recon that's just the answer the OP was looking for... Good on you fella.

Best of luck, you will do just fine.
    Cheers
    Richard

Best of luck Big Ears, I will be watching this with interest as I have just registered for my DSC2 as well. Please keep us updated on how you get on. ATB needsy

go for it mate now youll have the wrong deer in the wrong place at the wrong time
    atb tom

Go for it best of luck
    great link form MS

Thanks for all of your encouragement. Will let you know how I get on. Looks like at least the weather Gods are going to be kind!

BE