My first fallow buck

gaz6br

Finally got my feet through the door
I've known a chap called Andy for some years now and he has a fair bit of deer shooting. I've been on the list for some years to get in on the ground with them and finally got the call.
He showed me around and it's a cracking little set up, and I have permission now to shoot one of the farms.
only had the ground 2 weeks and after 4 mornings and 3 evenings this lad jumped out the wood at 152 yards, with a 87gr vmax in the neck he dropped on the spot not moving an inch

cheers Gaz

Nice neck shot....Just waiting for the old boys to stoke up there pipes and comment on the shot placement :stir:

Fair play to you...nice pictures...

Tim.243

Nice neck shot....Just waiting for the old boys to stoke up there pipes and comment on the shot placement :stir:

Fair play to you...nice pictures...

Tim.243

Lol cheers

that rifle last week was shooting magpies and pigeons out to 450 yards so if I wasn't able to neck shoot a deer at 150 yards I'd give up ;)

gaz

Happy days chap I got a guy his first fallow this am after a text book stalk if your face was as smiley as his it was a picture well done
norma

Well done you have made a start Great

If you were starting out with me i would say engine room shots are good to start off with
As i dont know you or your shooting skills i would not labour the point

Well Done of to a good start

If you were starting out with me i would say engine room shots are good to start off with

Spoken like a true expert ;)
well done to the op nothing wrong with that shot and a great first fallow buck :)

Well I will say it, I don,t like neck shooting, as I like a bit of neck for stew, next time aim a bit closer to the head. Obviously you are a good shot

That is why I shoot with out a guide......far cheaper and far more fun.........:rolleyes:

Tim.243

nice shot and well done, but wait till you get a head/neck shot wrong and the deer buggers off, never to be seen again its the most awful feeling in the world mate, i know because ive done it.

so not knocking you but just consider that each time you have your cross hairs on a deers neck/head

Back