Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plus 4's for stalking

Plus 4's for stalking

Hi all are plus 4's any good for stalking, any recommendations, info etc. what are your thoughts
    thanks for your help

It's a no no from me wear mine on a shoot day plus twos would be more practical for stalking not so baggy / snaggy
    norma

They are fairly classic hill-stalking gear, certainly. Plenty of room for crouchin', crawlin', scramblin' and so on, and when wet should hang away from the leg.
    The sporting tailor's in Pendlebury make a thing they call 'stalker breeks' which are in fact plus threes and therefore a little less-emphatically baggy.

In the northern part of Germany, plus fours were apparently known colloquially among ramblers (who often wore them) as 'Aeppleklauhose' - applethefttrousers.

Quote Originally Posted by Leesuckley View Post
    Hi all are plus 4's any good for stalking, any recommendations, info etc. what are your thoughts
    thanks for your help
    just on my experience, they are perfect ----------------- As long as you like ticks

depending on where you're stalking - if your stalking in a high tick area wear decent trouser type they do keep the ticks out better, or if the ticks aren't a problems decent pair of gaiters they work well together, I found the old type waxed canvas gaiters the best, waterproof and silent they compliment each other

ATB

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Leesuckley View Post
    thanks for your help
    Good for collecting ticks. I keep mine for wearing when I'm fishing or relaxing. I don't stalk in them anymore. Regards JCS

Thanks all think I'll give them a miss

What a load of absolute tosh..... You get no more ticks from wearing plus two's, plus fours, deer hunter trousers or the likes of your pro hunter trousers.
    The good thing about plus fours is that during crawling you have a good chance of keeping your knees dry as opposed to plus two''s riding up your legs and soaking you through. As for wearing any sort of trousers with gaiters over the top restricting movement, well no thanks it's not for me.
    Try some, you definitely won't look back., and the tweed dries a lot quicker than the man made trousers.

Quote Originally Posted by 1995rs View Post
    What a load of absolute tosh..... You get no more ticks from wearing plus two's, plus fours, deer hunter trousers or the likes of your pro hunter trousers.
    The good thing about plus fours is that during crawling you have a good chance of keeping your knees dry as opposed to plus two''s riding up your legs and soaking you through. As for wearing any sort of trousers with gaiters over the top restricting movement, well no thanks it's not for me.
    Try some, you definitely won't look back., and the tweed dries a lot quicker than the man made trousers.

what a load of absolute toshhhhh. 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃

Quote Originally Posted by 1995rs View Post
    Funny that. I can take you to the spot where I sat down in my plus fours to have a break and watch a ride for ten minutes. I can also take you to the doctor who prescribed antibiotics the next day.

Regards

JCS

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    Funny that. I can take you to the spot where I sat down in my plus fours to have a break and watch a ride for ten minutes. I can also take you to the doctor who prescribed antibiotics the next day.

Regards

JCS
    funny that me too. I Can take you to
    my ground where I can can get just as many ticks wearing trousers as to plus fours. How do you explain getting ticks under your arms, back and lower back?????