Thread: Glen Tanar Wedding

Glen Tanar Wedding

I was at a wedding and reception at the weekend at the ballroom of Glen Tanar House, close to Aboyne in Aberdeenshire. It was a great wedding (congratulations Roddy and Lynne), and how could it be otherwise when the groom, his family and a good few of the guests were from the Western Isles? The party was a good one, the drink was flowing and the craic was good.
    I've attached a photo of the ballroom, which I think is fantastic and you may enjoy seeing yourself.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	038.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	48725
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 038.jpg  

Been past many times but never inside - thanks for posting.
    Stalking at Tanar in just over a week!
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

I had a day on the hinds at Glen Tanar last thursday. Absolutely fantastic day, saw lots of deer and bagged a few as well. Hope to go back next year!! Best of luck next week Jock

Was in there after I shot my first stag on Tanar. A ballroom unequalled I would say. A nice 11 pointer shot from The Drum. If you're there, ask how inaccessible the Drum is. It was a nice day until I pulled the trigger. Memorable to say the least. It was rounded off with my mate crashing my car after falling asleep going over Glenshee about 1 in the morning.

srvet and phitt - fingers crossed for next week, my first outing on the hinds........
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStalk View Post
    srvet and phitt - fingers crossed for next week, my first outing on the hinds........
    Best of luck. Stunning place.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStalk View Post
    You will have a great time! Take plenty of cartridges and reload straight away after the shot as they will want the calf taking as well. Both the Colin's there seem great folk, my son and I had a ball. Make sure you report back!