Thread: Moving - changes to FAC?

Moving - changes to FAC?

Hi guys
    I may be moving flats within London in the coming months and was wondering if this will open me to a review of my FAC and the conditions therein?

When I came down from Edinburgh, my London FEO attempted to restrict my 375H&H for use only when stalking in Scotland. I managed to fend this off successfully, but was wondering if this ability to 'review' the entries/conditions on a simple change of address is permissible?

Thanks
    g

Boggy, If you are entering a different Feifdom.....Sorry, county constabulary, you may have to suffer whatever they throw at you, it will be just pot luck mate, sometimes nothing happens....sometimes sh*t happens..no rhyme or reason to it mate! Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

If you are moving within the Met area then there will be no change to conditions etc. Security at your new address will obviously be checked but shouldn't be an issue unless you are also increasing numbers of firearms etc. at the same time which might take you over whatever the limit is for non-alarmed v alarmed.

As the Finn rightly says, changing from Constab to Constab could be a nightmare. If I moved 15 miles up the road from sunny Devon, (with a relatively switched-on FA dept), I'd be in Zummersett, (here be Dragons on the map), an they does things different there boyo!
    Last edited by Orion; 04-03-2010 at 19:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    If you are moving within the Met area then there will be no change to conditions etc. Security at your new address will obviously be checked but shouldn't be an issue unless you are also increasing numbers of firearms etc. at the same time which might take you over whatever thelimit is for non-alarmed v alarmed.

As the Finn rightly says, changing from Constab to Constab could be a nightmare. If I moved 15 miles up the road from sunny Devon, (with a relatively switched-on FA dept), I'd be in Zummersett, (here be Dragons on the map), an they do things different there boyo!
    Yow'd probable forrll off of the edge anyways tween them two's
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

There is an advice sheet on the BASC web site that articulates what you have to do, from memory just inform them you have moved.

From Home office guidance, well this is what they are supposed to do

10.46 Where a certificate holder moves to
    another police area, the chief officer of police
    who receives notification of the change of
    address should send the complete records to
    the chief officer for the area to which the
    certificate holder has moved. The chief
    officer should retain either a simple index
    giving details of the transfer or copies of
    such parts of the records as are thought
    necessary. The chief officer of the force area
    that the person has moved to will need to
    consider whether the existing certificate needs
    to be amended and the security of the new
    premises will need to be inspected.

I find the Met absolutely fine. Very switched on and helpful.