Thread: RWS Evolution - anybody tried it?

RWS Evolution - anybody tried it?

I'm looking to get myself a heavier bullet to use in my rifle and like the look of these RWS rounds.
    In 30-06 they weigh in at 184 grain.
    They look good on paper, but I'd like to hear from somebody who has used them as to how they actually perform.
    Thanks
    Geo
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

can you even get RWS bullets in the UK?
    I have never seen them for sale and Ruag have a "who cares" attitude to sporting rifle supplies IMO

as to purchasing full rounds/ammunition it depends on what the RFD can get hold of

Aye bewsher500, it's tough to get hold of any decent reloading components right now.
    I was looking at RWS 30-06 ammo, loaded with the 184 grain Evolution today and was thinking of trying it out.
    Just wondering if anyone else had tried that particular round, looks good on the RWS website, but wouldn't mind a bit of user feedback
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

Had several deer with the RWS Evolution round (NOT the lead-free one).
    I was worried it would be a bit too tough to expand properly on the little deer, but, so far it's good-excellent on muntjac and Chinese Water deer.
    Puts them down in their own shadow in fact.
    Anybody wanting a good factory round for their 30-06 could do worse than give this one a try.
    At 184 grains and not having a boat-tail it's no whizz-bang bullet - but then again, they're not always the best option.
    ATB
    Geoshot