Thread: York Guns

York Guns

Hi,
    What are York Guns like to deal with? They seem to be very slow in coming back on requests and bad at returning calls. Is this the way customer service is going now?
    Cheers

~ Just seen Griff's thread on customer service too. Sorry Griff..obviously we're having the same issues this week on gunshop service. The question still stands..are York ok to deal with or a waste of time and best to try and spend my hard-earned elsewhere?
    Last edited by Mauser66; 04-03-2010 at 17:07.

I found them very professional when in the place in person......... they do get busy & I found that they tend to buck the trend & serve people on site before answering the phone, but once they have answered someone on the phone , the enquiry gets seen to. Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I've bought a rifle a shotgun and various other items from York guns & have always had good service, as finnbear has mentioned they seem to get really busy in the shop, maybe this is why they are slow returning calls.
    bairn79

I have delt with them and as said once on site they will do everything they can,even if you need an hour of there time
    amberdog

I have always found them to be great on site and poor by phone. I was after a browning shotgun secondhand and although they often told me they would ring me if they got one in I would have missed out if I hadnt rung them every fortnight. Dont think they would have ever rung me.

Thanks for the responses. Perhaps I caught them on a bad couple of weeks. Anyway, I've decided to have a word with Gregor MacLeod on Monday. Can never question his customer service.

I will not go in the shop.
    I was once standing there with my licence, shotgun on counter to buy and a wad of cash in my hand, when the bloke serving me wandered off to chat to a bloke who had come in, I took my business elsewhere,
    I ordered a hungarian scope from them, about 600 worth, and was told it will be in about a month, a month later I called in to be told we had them they sold out, but didnt bother ringing me on a firm order.

Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    I will not go in the shop.
    I was once standing there with my licence, shotgun on counter to buy and a wad of cash in my hand, when the bloke serving me wandered off to chat to a bloke who had come in, I took my business elsewhere,
    I ordered a hungarian scope from them, about 600 worth, and was told it will be in about a month, a month later I called in to be told we had them they sold out, but didnt bother ringing me on a firm order.
    Yep, that's just been my experience...in person at the shop and on the phone. F##k 'em. When in doubt go to Gregor.

Hi Mauser 66,

I recently when to York Guns to buy some wellies and a look at a moderator for my Sauer 202. I was propmtly dealt with by a salesman called Dave Wood who spent at least 1 hour showing me the various mods available and attaching each of them to a sauer they had on the shelf to let me feel the weight and balance of the gun. He could not have been more knowledgeable or helpful and was extremely generous with his time despite the shop being very busy. He did not try to push me into a sale but let me think about the various moderator options available. Anyway I decided to buy the wellies and arranged to bring in my rifle the next day to have a thread cut and mod fitted. When I arrived the next day I still hadn't decided which mod to go for. Dave again took me through the options for another hour before I decided on a T8.

Personally I can't fault their customer service.

Willie

I will never use them again.

A few years ago i ordered a rifle - a couple of grands worth and drove down to pick it up. Arrived at the store to then be put in line because the sales assistant's mate was in and they decided to chat for 10-15mins about his car problems whilst the store filled up with customers.

Eventually another assistant came over. Seemed a more 'switch-on' fella. He dissapeared only to return 5 mins later to explain that my rifle had been sold the day previously and would i like to order another? This was a new rifle which had been ordered specially from the importers!