Thread: Raptor poisoning

Raptor poisoning

So...............10 weeks suspended.

I make that one week per Buzzard and none for the Sparrowhawk!
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman (1903) "Maxims for Revolutionists"

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. William Blake

link to what you are talking about?

Norfolk gamekeeper from holt, sentenced today for killing 10 buzzards.....
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

So that would be a 'deterrent' then.
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStalk View Post
    So that would be a 'deterrent' then.
    Apparently.

Strange,..........the silence out there is deafening on this one!
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman (1903) "Maxims for Revolutionists"

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. William Blake

If he really is guilty of everything it is alleged then it is shocking lenient.

But just mibee there are some doubts over some of the evidence? Mibee it's not as cut and dry as they thought just like the mass murder of BoP's in Invernessshire

Don't want to appear to be defending the indefencable but if u are going to break the law u would think he would be more sneaky about it and not keep them in his shed in a feed bag.
    I have no idea if he has done it or not but it does seem remarkably stupid to keep/store the birds the way he has

Quote Originally Posted by countrryboy View Post
    If he really is guilty of everything it is alleged then it is shocking lenient.

But just mibee there are some doubts over some of the evidence? Mibee it's not as cut and dry as they thought just like the mass murder of BoP's in Invernessshire

Don't want to appear to be defending the indefencable but if u are going to break the law u would think he would be more sneaky about it and not keep them in his shed in a feed bag.
    I have no idea if he has done it or not but it does seem remarkably stupid to keep/store the birds the way he has
    I think a group of malevolent buzzards hatched (no pun intended) a devilish plan to tarnish the good name of the keepering industry, I suspect that one or two of the more intelligent birds used the 'dark web' to source some meviphos and aldicarb. They then agreed on a suicide pact, dosed a dead rabbit and all tucked in. In a last dying act of spite they broke into Mr Lamberts shed, climbed into an old feed bag and gently passed over to the other side. To ensure that the worlds media was made aware of their ultimate sacrifice I believe that they got a talking jackdaw or magpie to call the Police. The only question really is this; were they acting alone or did the RSPB brainwash them and effectively force them to take their own lives in a jihadi style?

Its still not clear how these evil raptors managed to gain access to Mr Lamberts firearms in order to frame him for the other offences but one theory is that they had help from the missing Sandringham Montagues harrier which may have been working undercover since it managed to shake off and destroy its satellite tag a few weeks ago.

Just goes to show, these bloody raptors will stop at nothing, no wonder they are so disliked by some people in the countryside.
    Last edited by Glyn 1; 08-11-2014 at 01:57.

where does it state mevinphos was used ? Lets not forget Guy Shorrocks past record , he will stop at nothing to get game shooting banned

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    where does it state mevinphos was used ? Lets not forget Guy Shorrocks past record , he will stop at nothing to get game shooting banned
    The Allen Lamberts of this world are going to be the ones who get game shooting banned not the Guy Shorrocks.

Case details are on the Norfolk Police website plus pretty much every national newspaper website and every conservation organisation website. I'm afraid the fact is that Allen Lambert has got shooting more mainstream local/national/internet news coverage in the last few weeks than the NGO has in the last ten years.
    Last edited by Glyn 1; 08-11-2014 at 23:53.