Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Made to measure gunslip for a dismantled little drilling?

Made to measure gunslip for a dismantled little drilling?

Hello everyone.

One of these days, probably the week after next, I will finally lay my paws on my J.P. Sauer drilling. One of the main advantages of this rifle is that it can pack down neatly into a small rucksack, but it would be better if I could put the dismantled parts into an appropriate case or slip. As an immediate solution, I have a leg of mutton gunslip which will do, but it's too long to really take advantage of the drilling's compact dimensions. According to the specs, the barrels are 60cm long, the stock is 37.5cm long, there's a 6x43 scope on top with claw mounts, an a coiled-up sling. That should fit in a foam-lined case with dimensions of something like 70cm x 30cm, but I can find no cases that size, they're all much longer, designed to take shotgun barrels of the more usual 28" to 32" length. If anyone knows where I can find a case that size, please let me know.

However more to the point, I think that something like a sheepskin-lined canvas and leather slip with three compartments, a bit like a rod cover or indeed the aforementioned leg-of-mutton case, only rectangular, would.

Now there must be someone on the SD who could make me an item like that! I promise to then show it off to everyone and sing your praises (and pay for the work, obviously).

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Pine Marten; 06-11-2014 at 15:23.

Hi pm.
    Why not continue the musical theme and use some sort of instrument case adapted?.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

I don't have a musical theme, it was someone else who mentioned their friend using a violin case!

Boyt Harness makes a variety of short canvas cases with soft, padded linings for broken down shotguns, with a pocket for the stock and one for the barrel.

They come in sizes for 26 to 34-inch barrels.

http://www.amazon.com/Boyt-Harness-O.../dp/B001D93O7I
    Attachment 48827
    Last edited by Southern; 06-11-2014 at 18:18.

Sorry,thought you used a guitar case or similar.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Quote Originally Posted by private fraser View Post
    Sorry,thought you used a guitar case or similar.
    Understandable, I do look a lot like a younger Antonio Banderas. From quite a long way away.

If you wany a Peli type case then this is the only one I've found that provides the correct internal dimensions for a takedown rifle etc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2214415918...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Not in the same league as a custom gun case I know, but for protection and price It'll be hard to beat.

Quality gunslips

Www.gunslips.co.uk

Do made to measure / custom etc

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    If you wany a Peli type case then this is the only one I've found that provides the correct internal dimensions for a takedown rifle etc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2214415918...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Not in the same league as a custom gun case I know, but for protection and price It'll be hard to beat.
    Thanks Orion, I've saved that in my watch list. Could be handy if I'm travelling on Eurostar or by air. I wanted a soft one for here though just so that I could stuff it in my normal bag. I'll probably end up with both.

Be aware that it's not locakable as it comes from the supplier, but I'm sure it can be drilled or adapted to take a padlock or two to comply with air travel regs. I just haven't had time to do it as yet.