Thread: Blaser Front Sight Removal/Modification

Blaser Front Sight Removal/Modification

Step by step instructions for front sight removal & relocate on to screw cut cover:
    1. Line up and mark the screw cover
    2. Undo the screw on front sight, heat with a heat gun (warm up only), tap with a mallet, it will come off
    3. Double nut the treaded rod and undo, it has loctite on it.
    4. Drill the Cover, (very hard material might need centre drill)
    5. Clean the blue off the mating points, Pin and Epoxy (I used Arildite 2014)
    I can now use and over barrel mod and open sights.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5173.jpg   2.JPG   3.jpg   5.jpg   6.jpg  

7.jpg   8.jpg  

Not bad. Seems I saw that concept somewhere before....��
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Its a well used method, but only works with pretty parallel contoured barrels and certainly ones that have the bore central to the outside diameter of the cap.

If its out by more than a few .000" you end up with a removable front sight and cap that galls and marks the barrel.

When I've done them, I braze the foresight on and clean up / re black - obviously a more expensive job, but nothing wrong with what you've done here so long as the foresight is "timed" - wasn't clear in pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post
    Not bad. Seems I saw that concept somewhere before....��
    Yes, not my idea. I just did not find clear instructions in how to do it so posted these for those who like to have some detailed photos....

Quote Originally Posted by Redmist View Post
    Its a well used method, but only works with pretty parallel contoured barrels and certainly ones that have the bore central to the outside diameter of the cap.

If its out by more than a few .000" you end up with a removable front sight and cap that galls and marks the barrel.

When I've done them, I braze the foresight on and clean up / re black - obviously a more expensive job, but nothing wrong with what you've done here so long as the foresight is "timed" - wasn't clear in pics.
    Correct Redmist, its a very fine fit and as I used epoxy I gained about 0.010 inch of lift at the contact areas which helps too. "Timed"?! please explain?

Quote Originally Posted by Redmist View Post

You are so right

Neil.