Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C-more scope

C-more scope

Rather intrigued by this scope, but cant find any user review online. Has anyone used one?
    cheers jd

Do you mean the C-More holographic red dot sight?
    That was one of the original ones. It was sold by Colt and issued to the US Army for the M-16. Before there was the M4 flattop carbine with the removable carry handle, the C-More sat out in front of the fixed handle on a swan neck mount which put it down in line with the handle, the dot just up above the iron sights.. Large and fast, daylight or dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    Do you mean the C-More holographic red dot sight?
    That was one of the original ones. It was sold by Colt and issued to the US Army for the M-16. Before there was the M4 flattop carbine with the removable carry handle, the C-More sat out in front of the fixed handle on a swan neck mount which put it down in line with the handle, the dot just up above the iron sights.. Large and fast, daylight or dark.
    27 years in Army Special Ops and never saw a single one. Must be one of those advertising claims, they give one to one soldier and then claim "in use by the U.S. Army"...

SS

was looking at c-more 1-10 x 24
    cheers

Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by MARCBO View Post
    27 years in Army Special Ops and never saw a single one. Must be one of those advertising claims, they give one to one soldier and then claim "in use by the U.S. Army"...

SS
    I bought one, and a .22 LR conversion kit, surplus, from Fort Jackson, back in the 1990s. Came from Colt. It had an NSN number for GSA procurement, of course.
    Attachment 48875
    They still sell it.
    http://www.opticsplanet.com/c-more-r...a-blk-odg.html
    Last edited by Southern; 07-11-2014 at 19:05.

i used them in the late 80'-90's they took over from the aim point pdp3's in the 90's darn good sight and very light if you try to use it with one eye it wont do as good, use it with both eyes wide and look at the target though the sight it will give you speed and on target shots, you need to remember the dot or the holographic dot is the place the bullet when zeroed will hit ! my pal Jerry White do's one that some us forces and brit forces use in theatre also some us police services use some of the CQB type, that can be adapted to any firearm or shot gun with the correct mount.

Shield Mini Sight (SMS) - branded JPoint in the USA

for those that don't know him he was/is a top practical pistol and shotgun from the 70's until the ban but still competes all over the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by joe soapy View Post
    Rather intrigued by this scope, but cant find any user review online. Has anyone used one?
    cheers jd

joe soapy,
    The c more 1-10 is made by Nikko Sterling and claims it is made for the "military". You can switch it to a green or red illuminated reticle. I looked through one and thought it was quite good. I felt it was a bit pricey at 300 and I have no idea how tough they are... Havnt shot with one though.

Quote Originally Posted by 762Scot View Post
    joe soapy,
    The c more 1-10 is made by Nikko Sterling and claims it is made for the "military". You can switch it to a green or red illuminated reticle. I looked through one and thought it was quite good. I felt it was a bit pricey at 300 and I have no idea how tough they are... Haven't shot with one though.
    Ditto. I think Highland Outdoors have boosted the price to give the brand more cachet than NS, and also because they're introducing a higher-end "tactical line" and don't want there to be a huge gap between the 1-10 and this. IIRC the 1-10 doesn't have an illuminated centre dot -the whole reticle lights up- so it's no good for quick shooting at 1X and it is in the second focal plane, so you have to wind the magnification up to full for milling, and with 1/2 MoA adjustments on the 1-10x24 the clicks are both quite coarse and mis-matched to the reticle. IMO the only selling point of this scope is the magnification factor. The price is low for a 1-10x but if funds permit, I'd invest in something better.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay