blaser mount

jewfish

blaser owners, I have purchased a second hand barrel. to which I am trying to put my mount from my 308 onto the new barrel. for some reason the tern down clips will not fit. its far to tight to engage
but its fine on my 308 barrel, has anybody had the same problems, I was intending to use the same mount in both barrels.

blaser owners, I have purchased a second hand barrel. to which I am trying to put my mount from my 308 onto the new barrel. for some reason the tern down clips will not fit. its far to tight to engage
but its fine on my 308 barrel, has anybody had the same problems, I was intending to use the same mount in both barrels.

yes. I had the same problem, you can adjust them. Can't remember exactly how i did it off hand, but will go and have a look.

there are slots on the otherside of the clips they are tight but do move just make sure the screwdriver is a good fit, you will have to adjust it when you return it to your 308

steve

I think the mounts have to be adjusted (tuned) to each barrel. The star type screw on the opposite side to the QR levers will adjust the tension to allow you to slacken them off. Unfortunately you will need a specific screwdriver to do the job without making a mess of your mounts. Also, this will mean that they need readjusting to go back onto your .308 barrel and you will have lost zero. If you are prepared to tune and re zero each time you change barrels, then it's possible, but not a quick solution I'm afraid.

If you still want to set up a single scope for two barrels, I'd have a chat with Alan Rhone, they offer a number of different QD mounts for Blasers. You may be able to find a solution where you have a separate base permanently fixed to each barrel, with one set of QD rings on the scope.

Atb

Mac

Thanks for the info fellas. I have decided to buy another mount and scope , I cannot see any other way around this
I'm a bit ****ed because I was under the impression that blaser parts fit all applications ,

I've a couple of barrels for my Blaser and felt the same as you in that an expensive rifle manufacturer couldn't engineer the mounting holes to be exactly the same on all barrels!!

I have been lucky then !
I have three barrels and my mounts fit all.
I can either use the 3-12 x 50 on my 30-06, .243 or .308 or my 1.2-6 x 24 flashdot on any of them as well.

Thanks for the info fellas. I have decided to buy another mount and scope , I cannot see any other way around this
I'm a bit ****ed because I was under the impression that blaser parts fit all applications ,
Another way round this that's not quite as wallet heavy. If you don't mind no official Blaser mounts there are some on the bay that have picatinny rails. Here is a link.
Picatinny Adaptor/Base for Blaser R93, R8, LRS 2, K95 and S2 | eBay

if you installed one of those mounts on each of your barrels you could use normal QD picky mounts. If you sold your original mount I think you could fund almost the whole set up. At least cheaper than a new scope and mount.
yes I have fitted them to my R93 barrels. And yes they are very good. Even now original R93 prices can make you wince. But thankfully there is quite a bit of aftermarket stuff coming out now. There is a guy in NZ that I have been talking too for a while that can make a sleve to take a normal barrel. The price of that works out to be very competitive. Plumbers fees aside. Give jäger SA a call, he is the best value gun smith in the uk and his work is fantastic.

Last edited:
Back