Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fireworks

Fireworks

I live in a rural location and it still sounds like a world war out there ,popped in to my lads that lives on an estate and it sounded like an apocalypse in the garden .the gun dogs don't seem bothered from what I can see from the house but the gsd is pacing the boot room panting .i really can't see the attraction I never really bothered as a kid as my folks couldn't afford them .
    it will go on for days that's what annoys me really if it were for one night only !!
    yours grumpy Norma

I love fireworks.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

I agree with norma, they just seem to be going off every 5minutes this last week, should only be a couple of nights, not bloody every night

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach2986 View Post
    I agree with norma, they just seem to be going off every 5minutes this last week, should only be a couple of nights, not bloody every night
    100% I live in a pretty rural location but it's been going on here for a week I wouldn't mind of it was for a night or two but this is ridiculous
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Should be left to the proper displays, not every tom, dick and harry in there back garden!

Do I smell striped minty sweets? - Let folks blow off a bit of steam the way they like. As long as they don't act daft & play safe.
    We can go out making very big bangs chucking lead around the countryside all year long to get our kicks so spread the lurve about a bit & don't be so selfish.
    Proper displays - impressive but not the same fun as doing it yourself - trouble with them is they are overly 'elf & safety driven.

Ian

wow - of all people i didnt expect this kind of view on hear!
    The "i dont like it so no one should be abllowed to do/own it"!

Or the

Not any one should be allowed to get them.....for professionals only

Or the

The loud bangs disturbed/frightened me.

Sounds like some regular anti shooting arguments that get thrown up all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by scubadog View Post
    wow - of all people i didnt expect this kind of view on hear!
    The "i dont like it so no one should be abllowed to do/own it"!

Or the

Not any one should be allowed to get them.....for professionals only

Or the

The loud bangs disturbed/frightened me.

Sounds like some regular anti shooting arguments that get thrown up all the time!
    Do you fire a thousand rounds every time you stalk and do so for a week at a time in your back garden ? ..... Not really the same then is it ...
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    Proper displays - impressive but not the same fun as doing it yourself
    +1
    If you've got young kids then a tenner spent on a box of basic fireworks and a few sparklers is better value than any display. A family effort to build a bonfire in the field, "eeny meeny miny mo" to decide who strikes the match, cups of hot soup and crusty rolls straight out of the rayburn. All good clean fun. It's what being a family is all about. What's not to like?

Not saying they shouldn't stop them all together but, keep them to a few nights and to sensible times, not 10, 11 o'clock at night,