Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how much have you spent ?

how much have you spent ?

Right girls and boys,
    Since joing this site, how much have you spent on additional kit, that you probably wouldnt have bought if you were not a member ?
    Whether its buying from trade members, or ordinary members or from reading posts on equipment and then going out and buying it in a local shop or on line !
    I'm talking about everything from tom o tick twisters to high end rifles and everything in between
    I want honest answers here, not the price you tell your partners i.e "it was only 50 quid dear"

Rough estimate between £5000-£6000 easily, but as you say that's £5-600 to the missus!

Bearing in mind I had no kit when I joined the forum!

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Nothing I would not have bought or needed, a rifle £250 , a scope £ 200 both of members, both well worth the money and my wife knows exactly what I spend, as it all comes out of the deer slush fund.

I have bought a rifle that was advertised on here. But I would have found one elsewhere anyway. I don't think that this site has actually drawn me into buying anything that, were I unaware of the site, I wouldn't have bought anyway.

Since joining the site I've bought a fair bit but then I joined when I was starting out so would have bought anyway but I suppose being a member on here helped me narrow down my choices.

On here I've bought a scope £325, a Sako 75 £1150, optilocks £40, Ruger 10/22 £200 plus other things that I've bought elsewhere after research and reviews on here.

However, if anything I've not got stuff I thought I needed after reading lots of advice on here about carrying too much kit. When I first started going out I carried everything in a small rucksack, then I whittled it down to a bumbag and now I only carry what fits into my pockets and anything else remains in the car just in case I need it.

Well like a few above I was totally new when I joined the site, but I estimate I've spent in the region of £450 on my stalking kit so far, which is stuff I'd have had to buy anyway. Maybe £250 of that has been fr the classifieds here, the rest from other sources.
    That figure doesn't include my dog, as we would have bought a pet dog/occasional picker up anyway.
    My moat expensive phase is yet to come, next year I'm after a rifle and scope
    Don't tell the wife!
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Additional kit as a result of being a site member, about £60 on a knife, everything else I would have bought anyway.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Could I ask what stuff you have bought put to now to make up your stalking kit so far.

And the wife doesn't need to know about anything like rifles or scopes, she might get interested in the sport and then you're B******d as she'll know what everything costs then.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSimon View Post
    Well like a few above I was totally new when I joined the site, but I estimate I've spent in the region of £450 on my stalking kit so far, which is stuff I'd have had to buy anyway. Maybe £250 of that has been fr the classifieds here, the rest from other sources.
    That figure doesn't include my dog, as we would have bought a pet dog/occasional picker up anyway.
    My moat expensive phase is yet to come, next year I'm after a rifle and scope
    Don't tell the wife!

I don't know if there is a thread on this, put maybe a good one to start especially for the more experienced of people on the forum, as to what they reccemond to new starters in the sport to buy first, before spending substanial amounts of cash.

Such as the essentials before buying a rifle if you don't already have one.

Apologise in advaned if I've hijacked your thread buddy.

You want to try and tally it up over 30 years