how much have you spent ?

Well I signed up on my brothers advice as I had been stalking with him and enjoyed it, used to do a lot of rifle shooting at school so have always enjoyed shooting, the first thing I bought was a Sauer 202 Outback with a Nightforce scope, so that was £2k, then a Stuart Mitchell knife, a Swanndri wooly pullover (more for beating). I'm sure there are more things that I've forgotten though.

I saw a T-shirt with "My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells my bikes for what I told her they cost" So replace bikes with guns and rifles....................

My biggest regret was I was taught to shoot a rifle before a shotgun, I find a shotgun so much harder to shoot as instinct says "target acquired, pull trigger" but with a shotgun the targets carried on moving!

Nick

I don't know if there is a thread on this, put maybe a good one to start especially for the more experienced of people on the forum, as to what they reccemond to new starters in the sport to buy first, before spending substanial amounts of cash.

Such as the essentials before buying a rifle if you don't already have one.

Apologise in advaned if I've hijacked your thread buddy.

Having stalked deer for many a year, from my experiance, you don,t need half the high end gear you think you need, a man with 10k of gear , don,t kill anymore deer than a man with £500 of gear, the day I spend more on stalking than I get back is the day I give up.

Nowhere near as much as I would like to, my list is endless, cross one off and another comes to mind :D, dont you just love this type of retail therapy :lol:

Back