Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7mm08 users

7mm08 users

Hi all,
    Thinking of taking James up on his re barrel offer when I vista Newark, wondering if anyone is shooting a 7mm08 with a barrel less than 20in please? I'm hopeful someone is using something 18in as that's the figure I'm looking for.
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

I have a savage weather warrior with a 19" barrel that I use for stalking.it groups at 1"at 100mtrs with 170gr.
    clover leafs with 130gr and thumbnails with 100 gr.
    I would have thought 18" would be negligeable.
    Do you mean James from Jaeger if so he knows what he's doing ask him what he thinks.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by white van man View Post
    I have a savage weather warrior with a 19" barrel that I use for stalking.it groups at 1"at 100mtrs with 170gr.
    clover leafs with 130gr and thumbnails with 100 gr.
    I would have thought 18" would be negligeable.
    Do you mean James from Jaeger if so he knows what he's doing ask him what he thinks.
    Steve
    Hi Steve,
    thanks for the input, yes it's James from jaeger and I've been speaking with him today, he told me that he's not built below 20 inch before but I've been doing a little research and the guys in the states seem to think nothing of 18 but I was wanting to get some first hand UK knowledge also if possible
    regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Mines 20" no probs at all guys run em shorter with no probs vihtavori n140 very good powder for 708 in shorter barrels I get 2700 fps with n140 with 140 grain sierra gk hpbt. This caliber like the 308 does not lose much performance with shorter than standard barrels I

Thanks g that's music to my ears, I currently run an 18inch 6.5x47 and love the short look/handling of stumpy rifles especially in woodland
    Regards
    Jimmy

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gr1ffer View Post
    Mines 20" no probs at all guys run em shorter with no probs vihtavori n140 very good powder for 708 in shorter barrels I get 2700 fps with n140 with 140 grain sierra gk hpbt. This caliber like the 308 does not lose much performance with shorter than standard barrels I
    I will second that went out this morning to test a 140 grain load with vit 140
    pleased with the group so will be loading some up this week
    regards pete

Viht 140 and 139 gr hornady btsp is a great combo too
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

I have a stock Tikka T-3 Lite with what I believe is a 22" tube. I wouldn't swap it or change it for anything. It's fast becoming my favorite hunting rifle. ~Muir

Attachment 48954

My Sako 75 yesterday with 120gn NBT's but that's about 22" barrel length.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

This is the 120 grain Sierra Pro Hunter over Varget. The circle is exactly 1" in diameter.~Muir