North West Open Evening 4th June 2015 hosted by Malmo Guns

Ronin

Distinguished Member
This is still in the planning stage, however, we hope to arrange with the kind help from the owners and staff at Malmo Guns Bay Horse, nr Lancaster an Open Evening in Feb / March 2015.

We plan to have local representatives from the Deer Initiative, British Deer Society, British Association for Shooting and Conservation and hopefully Wildlife Officers and Firearms Enquiry Officer from Lancashire Police to offer help and advice on shooting and deer related matters.

Start saving now,,,there will maybe some offers in the shop for this event :D

Once we have further details, i'll post them.

Last edited:
Good Lad Andy keep doing the good work, how you fit it all in I dont know.

It isn't just me, there are several people trying to arrange events of interest for people in the North West BDS Branch catchment area for 2015.

The simple fact is that team working and working with partners (BDS, BASC, DI, CA, NGO, Police Forces, etc etc) can only be for the common good and for the benefit of all and our quarry.

- NW BDS for example are arranging several Range Days at two venues

- Also a "Taste of Game" evening where skilled student chefs are providing a very delicious menu

- Proposed visit to a Deer Park in Cheshire

- Two, one day First Aid courses

- Plus other events for the 2015 Branch Calendar

No relation to Alan Webster?

Used to remember going to his paper shop in the west end,,,copy of the sun and a pack of .357 bullets..:p those were the days...

Further to the enquiries already asked:

We are looking at setting the date of the Open Evening for the afternoon and evening of thursday 4th June 2015.

The Open Evening will hopefully have stands from partner organisations within country sports who will be present to speak to their members, offer advice and support the event. Were looking at (in no order of preference) BASC, BDS, NGO, DI, Police - Wildlife Team, as well as some trade stands from rifle manufacturers and optics makers.

The event is designed to promote not only stalking - though that will be the theme, but all shooting sports in the area.

We hope to have off site parking with marshals to allow the stands to be put in and around the main car park area.

There will also be food vendor(s) on site

Please pencil the date into your diaries now.

Malmo Guns have kindly allowed us the use of their land and opening the shop up out of hours, so we are looking for as much support for the event as possible.

We will be raising money for a nominated charity - (to be decided)

Given the easy motorway access to the event, it would be great to see people attending from NorthWest England and Southern Scotland of possible - an easy hours drive will put you into Cheshire, West Yorkshire, Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Cumbria and Dumfries and Galloway…..

We would like to gauge support for attendance numbers id like to do a simple poll though I'm not sure how to set this up here.

Show of "virtual hands" by replies on here please to who's planning to attend and how many :D

Last edited:
Checked my rota and I'll be there, happy to fill my vechile up to help this event and to meet new folk knowing there are a few stalkers not far from me.

Cheers Andy...

Yep, I'll go. Would Duncan be running air rifles again - my kids loved it, I'd be willing to help run it, if it's an option.

Back