Thread: The Shooting Effect on Youngsters

The Shooting Effect on Youngsters

On Saturday I invited several friends and beaters who have helped during the partridge season to have a go at partridges. Two young lads were amongst those present. Both these lads turned up well dressed for the day, listened carefully to the briefing, were totally respectful to all throughout the day, their safety was beyond reproach and both were the first forward to help out and to say thanks for their day. I have since had comments from other guns present as to the excellent conduct of these guys. If this is what being brought up with shooting as a sport/way of life does, more youngsters need to be encouraged.

Bet they had a smile from ear to ear! Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    On Saturday I invited several friends and beaters who have helped during the partridge season to have a go at partridges. Two young lads were amongst those present. Both these lads turned up well dressed for the day, listened carefully to the briefing, were totally respectful to all throughout the day, their safety was beyond reproach and both were the first forward to help out and to say thanks for their day. I have since had comments from other guns present as to the excellent conduct of these guys. If this is what being brought up with shooting as a sport/way of life does, more youngsters need to be encouraged.
    Gaz
    I couldn't agree more certainally a good grounding to be involved in shooting
    from a young age
    regards pete

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    I have to agree with Gazza on what he says I was part of that day and we had a great time out on ground that most people do not get the chance to have a go at partridges,
    There was good banter and friendly ribbing to all the ones that got missed myself included ha-ha!
    Met a few good lads on the day and had good criac with them all so once again Gazza cheers for the day,
    ATB
    FM