Ray Mears in Galloway

Solwaystalker

Ray Mears was up at Forrest estate recently doing some filming of Red Deer with myself and Jacob , he then went on to do a bit on the stake nets at Sandyhills with Peter Hutchison and Goss hawks with Cyril Ostroznic , followed by a bit on pine martins
It will be on ITV tmoro at 7,30pm
Im sure some of you local guys will recognise a few faces etc :D

Last edited:
Prpbably only be a two or three minute clip, i stuttered and stammered my way through it but im sure Cyril cant be a lot better :D (hope he doesnt read that)
Im looking forward to seeing Peter at the nets although it was very early in the season and not much in them

I heard Cyril got on great with him and he stayed for a while after it, or atleast that was wot i was told off 1 of Cyril's mates. ;)
Meant to be a really nice bloke

I spoke to Cyril a few days later , yea he stayed and had a buffet lunch at the estate office , i missed that part as i had an outing to do , but we had a good day , poor cameraman earned his money ,he had a helleva size of camera to carry around he said he filmed all of Robson Green,s extreme fishing programmes which was great but Reds on the hill were a bit harder work

Quality mate, I recognise some of them fells, happy memories....

Well done, Lilly liked it!!!

Enjoyed that good to see a gorgeous part of Scotland in all its glory!

Nice work Colin pal.

Looked like a few of them things that eat me were flying about mate .the mrs said who was that handsome chap,I said it was ray ! :D
Doug

I missed it coz we had another regional program on itv, but we've got it on Sunday 1pm in Wales, so I've set record!
Kev.

Why can't some folk leave things alone? Did they really need to lift those kits, other than because they wanted to?

Novice

Back