Thread: Request! Land for pre DSC1 check zero

Request! Land for pre DSC1 check zero

Its a bit of a last minute request on behalf of a friend who's good character I am willing to vouch for !!

If someone has a safe 100m spot on their permission within a sensible distance of Camberley, Surrey before Friday then he will be very grateful.

Thanks

you can check zero on the DSC1 course
    part of the rifle test protocol

if the zero is fine you can even use it as the designated prone 100m shot for the test

Isn't there some small range near there ? B, b, b, Bisley !!! That's the one. If your mate is a basc member, he can book via them, and an hour isn't going to cost much now it's 'winter' pricing
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post

if the zero is fine you can even use it as the designated prone 100m shot for the test
    true. but its probably best to zero beforehand to settle any nerves!

Presuming he has written off that idea for various reasons.
    Deer Stalking. Training and Courses. Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1, Training and Witnessing for the Level 2 Assessment.
    www.deercentral.co.uk

Would have been delighted to help but I am a bit of a drive away. Sorry.

Hi Ben,
    I have the same problem when I need to have a couple of shots without the moderator prior to a trip abroad.
    Pete did offer me the chance last year but rather than cause a fuss I booked a morning on Short Siberia for a morning for 30.00 through BASC.
    You would have thought, where I live with all the Military noise going on all day and some nights, it wouldn't be a problem but the only opportunity is on Schedule 1 land and normally that isn't far from dwellings.
    So a 30-06 with a muzzle brake isn't very popular.
    Did my check zero last week at Warminster and have now just finished packing, ready for the off at Sparrow Fart tomorrow.
    I think your mate will have to make do with the zeroing session as part of his L1 course, I wish him good luck.

You might be right Eddy. This rifle has a good moderator on it if it make any difference.
    Deer Stalking. Training and Courses. Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1, Training and Witnessing for the Level 2 Assessment.
    www.deercentral.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post

Only if you declare it beforehand! Otherwise you have just wasted one of your 3 attempts.

MS

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Hi Ben,
    I have the same problem when I need to have a couple of shots without the moderator prior to a trip abroad.
    Pete did offer me the chance last year but rather than cause a fuss I booked a morning on Short Siberia for a morning for 30.00 through BASC.
    You would have thought, where I live with all the Military noise going on all day and some nights, it wouldn't be a problem but the only opportunity is on Schedule 1 land and normally that isn't far from dwellings.
    So a 30-06 with a muzzle brake isn't very popular.
    Did my check zero last week at Warminster and have now just finished packing, ready for the off at Sparrow Fart tomorrow.
    I think your mate will have to make do with the zeroing session as part of his L1 course, I wish him good luck.
    Don't worry about the noise eddy, I use the .338LM unmoderated on sched 1 land. Though, apparently, it can be heard over 5 miles away oh well.
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK