Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another good shooter from jäger Sa

Another good shooter from jäger Sa

Thought I'd put this up for James as he worked magic on a 30-06 I was struggling with the rifle is a weatherby vanguard in 30-06 and came with a short barrel that was pretty poor even though the rifle was bedded into a carbon SSS stock it never reached it's true potential. James kindly threw on a 24" begara onto it as well as fitting a longer bolt knob to help with my ham fists as well as a few other jobs.
    danny Ryan phoned me after it arrived and told me the machining was very impressive and it was. I took it out last week for 5 days on the hinds and it performed brilliantly with factory ammo even my wife shot her first deer with it. Well I managed to get some load development done and managed to get a good load with 180 grain sierra gk was happily surprised how well the 30-06 shot having struggled with it for years. Below is 5 shots at an honest 100 yards off the bench bipod and rear bag
    Thanks pal for sorting out what has been a troublesome rifle

Top shooting......!
    He does a good job at a good price. I have been impressed with the work from the last two that he barreled, so much so that he received another of my rifles today. Once completed and returned, he will be due one more 'special' afterwards. .........
    I do rate these begara barrels and his work.......

I'll put a photo of rifle up tomorrow class job jagger with SSS stock it looks feels and shoots a million dollars off out with the lamp now

Good going Gr1ffer, it was a good re barrel to do and the accuracy speaks for itself.

I think you might just see a bit more from it.

Thanks.

Out of interest what did your group from the 30-06 measure Gr1ffer???

Just measured was .388 center to center shot another 4 5 round groups today to make sure yesterday wasn't a fluke smallest .416 largest .608 that's as good as I can shoot really really happy that's more than accurate enough for me pal

Quote Originally Posted by gr1ffer View Post
    Just measured was .388 center to center shot another 4 5 round groups today to make sure yesterday wasn't a fluke smallest .416 largest .608 that's as good as I can shoot really really happy that's more than accurate enough for me pal
    I don't need to say any more, however, you don't always get what you pay for when paying over the odds as many folk have said in the past.

you missed the black dot

cracking group that , well done jagar and griffer

The image is rotated right for some reason the group was on the top of the dot