Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dpt moderators

Dpt moderators

Hi all,

Does anyone know anything about dpt moderators that are being imported into the uk.

cheers chris

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    Hi all,

Does anyone know anything about dpt moderators that are being imported into the uk.

cheers chris
    Yes got one to try here

Very similar to the Hardy Gen4 in all respects with the exception that you can add/remove baffles to suit your needs

I was told no different than the a-tec if anything not as good.

Dpt sou8nd moderators

HI all, well good to get some feed back,I have been using mods for near on 20 + years owned lots and used many more. I will say this the DPT ultralight and is modular, baffles can be added have a look at www.dpteuro.co.uk Also have a look on the New Zealand Hunting and Fishing forums. I now go stalking without being out of balance and can carry the rifle all day on the hill not bad for 70+. AS for how quite , come along and have a test contact me and will let you know venues

I do beleive Swillington stock them, I am waiting for the Magnum to be delivered, main importer is based on Teeside, look at uk website.
    TonyC

Ive never heard anyone say a Hardy was quiet!! Having the muzzle brake on the end is going to make it noisy. Dpt doesn't look like it has a brake? Looking forward to any reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    Ive never heard anyone say a Hardy was quiet!! Having the muzzle brake on the end is going to make it noisy. Dpt doesn't look like it has a brake? Looking forward to any reviews.
    i will let you know soon mate.

I have a DPT moderator from New Zealand - it is marginally quieter than my A-Tec CMM4 moderator, weighs 20g more, projects 8cm less from barrel end than the CMM4 and reduces felt recoil as effectively as most other mods. It has minimal effect on the balance of my rifle, meaning occasional free-hand shots are possible and the rifle sits comfortably when shoulder slung. The mod' is guaranteed for life, unlike A-Tec moderators which Jacksons regard as disposable. Being alloy, it will inevitably suffer some gas cutting of the second baffle but it has a better designed blast plate than the A-Tec, so this should be minimised - replacement baffles are easily available and if you use the ceramic lubricant from Alan Rhone Ltd, you shouldn't ever have a seized thread.

If you want the quietest 'stealth' moderator, the DPT isn't for you. However, if you want a calibre-specific lightweight over-barrel moderator with good recoil reduction and acceptable noise reduction allowing use without ear protection or damage, the DPT is a great moderator and better than the similarly priced CMM4.

Adam.

I like the look of those. The ASE Utra I currently use is a great mod', but no-one in their right mind could describe it as a lightweight
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Quote Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
    I do believe Swillington stock them, I am waiting for the Magnum to be delivered, main importer is based on Teesside, look at uk website.
    Had mine in 7mm Rem Mag for about three weeks now, very impressed, I use a Hardy IV on my 25-06 and the DPT is quieter , weight is lighter also at 301 grammes with 5 baffles.
    TonyC