Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie starting out

Newbie starting out

Hi all, just a quick intro, I'm Nathan from Darlington, at the moment I only own my .22 air rifle for target and rabbit shooting, I'm looking to work up slowly while getting to know people along the way as my friends are not keen hunters at all I think my next step will be to get my fac and maybe a .22lr for foxes and then hopefully move up to Deer stalking with the right guidance from friendly folk in the know, like I said, I'm mainly hoping to get to know and meet friendly people in the know as none of my friends have interest In hunting and I can't get enough of it mainly interested in eating what I kill and learning along the way

Hello

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome to the SD ,once upon time we all where you are now

We all start out at some point right 😊 I'm 26 so no spring chicken but I figured better late than never.

Quote Originally Posted by The_woodwelder View Post
    We all start out at some point right  I'm 26 so no spring chicken but I figured better late than never.
    Welcome.

From where I sit you are definitely an early spring chicken! But even though I'm nearly three times your age, I shot my first deer three years ago. And I also figured better late than never!

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alantoo View Post
    Welcome.

From where I sit you are definitely an early spring chicken! But even though I'm nearly three times your age, I shot my first deer three years ago. And I also figured better late than never!

Alan
    Well at least it's never too late, I just decided to hunt my own food and after my first rabbit I was hooked, but a deer would fill my freezer much better

Welcome to SD , you've come to the right place .

AB