Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any decent clone/copy bipods out there

Any decent clone/copy bipods out there

Does anyone know of any decent clone / copy bipods that are good value for the money

Quote Originally Posted by LES-P View Post
    Does anyone know of any decent clone / copy bipods that are good value for the money
    Yes the thread you commented on
    Atlas Bipods!!! - Page 2

There're some decent Harris-style copies on fleabay. I have a couple & neither cost over twenty quid. Decent metal, decent springs & neither have fallen off, or otherwise let me down yet. Madness to pay all that money for a Harris, if you ask me. I really don't see what extra value you get

Here's one I use......tilts, too

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-9-Harris...item2c82c5b1d8

Quote Originally Posted by LES-P View Post
    There are at least five other threads about bipods on this site, these include discussion about clones. The search function is your friend.....

SS

Yes ive already seen them but there could be something else out there

See above.....less than twenty quid

They're a bit variable - one make might have good springs, but crap legs; another might have good legs but rubbish springs etc.
    I bought 2 Harris lookalikes of different makes, took them both to pieces and then reassembled all the best bits from each into one good set. Then put all the poor bits back together to make another set which I then sold to a chap for use on an air rifle for the same price I paid.
    Can't honestly see any difference between the set I got now and my mate's genuine Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post
    There're some decent Harris-style copies on fleabay. I have a couple & neither cost over twenty quid. Decent metal, decent springs & neither have fallen off, or otherwise let me down yet. Madness to pay all that money for a Harris, if you ask me. I really don't see what extra value you get

Here's one I use......tilts, too

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-9-Harris...item2c82c5b1d8
    I'm a bit surprised to read this as all the Harris fakes that I have seen (including one that I bought in a moment of madness) were absolute junk.

I have one I bought from optics warehouse.co.uk and it has performed very well so far. Maybe worth you checking them out. They are based in Paignton, Devon, but I think nearly all they do is mail order. I believe the chap who owns the business used to own The Sportsman Gun Centre.

I have a couple of Harris but also an Edgar Bros one and so far so good. Survived a couple of seasons on the hill with no issues.