Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roof mounted lamp.

Roof mounted lamp.

Thought I'd might as well ask on here if anyone has a roof mounted lamp for sale. There doesn't seem to be much of a second hand trade but if you don't ask you don't get.
    Going to go on a Ford Ranger, first registered in 2005.
    All suggestions gratefully received.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter1 View Post
    Thought I'd might as well ask on here if anyone has a roof mounted lamp for sale. There doesn't seem to be much of a second hand trade but if you don't ask you don't get.
    Going to go on a Ford Ranger, first registered in 2005.
    All suggestions gratefully received.
    Thank you.
    Are you looking for a second hand one goathunter and if you are I have one .

Bugsy, I have PM'd you. Thanks very much.

Ford ranger lamp.

Things are moving on the lamp front. Anybody - probably many - got advice as to where this lamp should go? Is there a bar up the middle of the cab? A lad I was talking to suggested it should sit a wee bit further back than you might suspect?
    What think the members on here?

if you drop the front of the roofcloth you should be able to see where to drill the hole.

Big Rab, I can imagine that by dropping the roof cloth I could see if there was a central bar, but what about the distance back? Any thoughts?

Sit in the seat and raise your left arm to where feels most comfortable and mark that spot.

Thanks RD. I did think that it might just come to that. All I need now is to actually get the lamp!

Don't mess about with Chromed Hella or any other lamp other than a Lightforce 170 remote 100w. If you need a 33mm drill i can send you mine. Fit a seperate Hella plug to the dash as the cigar plug can be used for charging your on foot lamp.

Many thanks again. The available knowledge and experience on this website is marvellous.