Thread: Expanding bullets customs delay

Expanding bullets customs delay

Hi All

I've ordered some expanding bullets from South Africa. They are currently stuck with Customs at Heathrow (for the last 10 days, according to DHL). Has anyone else had similar experience? How long do you expect I'll have to wait for them to be cleared and on their way to me?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by takbok View Post
    Hi All

I've ordered some expanding bullets from South Africa. They are currently stuck with Customs at Heathrow (for the last 10 days, according to DHL). Has anyone else had similar experience? How long do you expect I'll have to wait for them to be cleared and on their way to me?

Thanks
    when oi used to get bullets from cliff in the US , i only ever had 1 package stopped at customs and that got to me finally after a month (poss up to 6 weeks) if that helps .

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Thanks, that does help. Will just have to exercise a bit of patience!

I had a press stuck in the Coventry depot for 2 months!
    a bloody press!, hardly restricted

I know of somebody who had a picatinny scope rail 'impounded' for three months as a 'firearm component' !!!!
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

Oh dear, I'll try hard to forget about the bullets for the moment then, and get a nice surprise when they turn up. That if the police don't pitch at my door instead!

So, DHL have handed the bullets over to HMRC as they considered them prohibited items. Is customs likely to get in touch with me? Anyone got any ideas?

I was under the impression HMRC got them before DHL!
    hence the reason Parcelfarce fleece me 8.50 handling every time they collect some tax for the revenue

As far as I know they got through customs ok. Then DHL decided to hand them back to customs because they didn't want to carry them.