Expanding bullets customs delay

takbok

Hi All

I've ordered some expanding bullets from South Africa. They are currently stuck with Customs at Heathrow (for the last 10 days, according to DHL). Has anyone else had similar experience? How long do you expect I'll have to wait for them to be cleared and on their way to me?

Thanks

Hi All

I've ordered some expanding bullets from South Africa. They are currently stuck with Customs at Heathrow (for the last 10 days, according to DHL). Has anyone else had similar experience? How long do you expect I'll have to wait for them to be cleared and on their way to me?

Thanks

when oi used to get bullets from cliff in the US , i only ever had 1 package stopped at customs and that got to me finally after a month (poss up to 6 weeks) if that helps .

I know of somebody who had a picatinny scope rail 'impounded' for three months as a 'firearm component' !!!!

Oh dear, I'll try hard to forget about the bullets for the moment then, and get a nice surprise when they turn up. That if the police don't pitch at my door instead!

So, DHL have handed the bullets over to HMRC as they considered them prohibited items. Is customs likely to get in touch with me? Anyone got any ideas?

I was under the impression HMRC got them before DHL!
hence the reason Parcelfarce fleece me £8.50 handling every time they collect some tax for the revenue

As far as I know they got through customs ok. Then DHL decided to hand them back to customs because they didn't want to carry them.

Back