Swazi Thar

pierred

Looking at buying the above but am struggling a; to find a local supplier and b; could order online but not sure how generous the fit is
could anybody enlighten me on either and also give me feedback on whether the coat is as good as others say.
Many thanks in advance

Looking at buying the above but am struggling a; to find a local supplier and b; could order online but not sure how generous the fit is
could anybody enlighten me on either and also give me feedback on whether the coat is as good as others say.
Many thanks in advance

Pierre

Yes, it is as good, and the new design is even better with hand pockets. I have always ordered an extra size up with Swazi, so I go for XXL rather than XL.

If you're down this way at all you'd be welcome to try the jacket (or fleece) for size....

Dom

Likewise, if you're ever near newmarket, I have one you could try in large.... I am going to add some confusion though as I didn't go up a size and find it a perfect fit..... Sorry.

if you buy it in the UK from tamarack outdoors, the only retailer aside from Ray Mears who's prices will kill you! at least if it's not a good fit, you could swap it for a different one... Otherwise if you buy from nz and it doesn't fit, you might as well just stick it on eBay and you will make you're money back, then just buy the size you want!

I didn't go up a size either ds.308.
Before I bought my Tahr & Nahanni fleece smock, I emailed Swazi who did advise the fit did allow for undergarments.
I order both in large and I'd say they are generously cut but if you can try before buy then it obviously removes the doubt.

Last edited:
Pierre, from memory I believe you are similar frame to me
I bought a Large on a whim and being told they were generous
They are not.
My 6'4", 46" chest, Orang Utan arms would fit into the Large but it left no room for movement or layers and the sleeves were a little short

here:

Sold: Swazi Thar XP 2013 Anorak (New Style two pockets) Large - green BNWT new, unworn

you need at least an XL or XXL imo

I wouldn't ever have said that 6'4 and 46 chest equated to a large....... I'm 6 foot and 42 chest, and large is plenty generous enough to layer up under and not feel constricted

I wouldn't ever have said that 6'4 and 46 chest equated to a large....... I'm 6 foot and 42 chest, and large is plenty generous enough to layer up under and not feel constricted

thats about right then

42" plus layers comfortable
46" no layers, bit snug!

as I said in my ad it was a punt

Hi swazi are great to deal with I order direct from nz. I would say they are generous on size I am a small in almost all but swazi say 37" so I ordered a medium. It was to big so got a small in & it's bang on for me at 39" chest. I got a wapiti & have room underneath for fleece so it ain't 37" chest. I would take up an offer to try one then order direct they are quick & great to deal with. They can also send it as a down rated price to help on import etc

Back