Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: asking for a deal?

asking for a deal?

How much do people try to bargain with things like second hand rifles in gun shops?

I'm appallingly bad at it, but know a few people who have the balls to ask for deals and get all sorts of things I'd never have thought possible.

So - when is it worth trying to ask for a reduction, and how far is it worth taking it?

I was like that. Felt a complete nugget asking for discount, but now if you don't ask you don't get. Certainly being polite about it is more appricated that coming across a cocky bugger.
    once you've done it there will be no turning back. Apt depends also how desperately they are keen to sell if and profit margin.

Is it worth mentioning on here my tricks of the trade.

If I'm buying a few things at one time I'll chance my luck on a deal if it's an expensive purchase. It often gets a few quid off, especially if there's the chance of repeat business. Like you though, I generally cough up without a fuss

I always try my luck, I got almost 200 off a s&b 8x56 illuminated ret, in sportsmans gun centre, I always find to try and play off a gun shop against another if they are close together. I always try to aim for 10%.

Matt

Don't ask don't get.
    you don't need to justify, just ask.

i think some shops, expect it and put their prices up accordingly. i always ask ...... i bought a rifle at the game fair about 5 weeks ago , got 25 off and a box of 140 gr heads.

My local dealer always gives me something off with big purchases or when buying a few things together. Of course I'll ask him, indeed sometimes don't need to, but I don't like to take the Michael. He has a living to make. He knows I'll be back and will buy from him again. And of course he'll always make a enough. So everyone's happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    My local dealer always gives me something off with big purchases or when buying a few things together. Of course I'll ask him, indeed sometimes don't need to, but I don't like to take the Michael. He has a living to make. He knows I'll be back and will buy from him again. And of course he'll always make a enough. So everyone's happy.
    Same here!

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    Don't ask don't get.
    you don't need to justify, just ask.
    Exactly , I always ask politely , and most of the time it pays off .

AB

I tried with my local shop that i spent a fortune with and he told me to f#%k off infront of 3 other customers. I only asked because the gun i had seen a week earlier now had rust all over it and finger prints of rust stained in it. His loss i spent more with another shop and will never go back!