Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turntables

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

Turntables

any audio buffs out there,

I am looking for a Turntable so that I can play some of my old vinyl records etc and don't have a great deal of dosh.

so what would make the best of a bad job.

proper audio outputs none of this usb crud

cheers

bob.

plugging it into a wharfdale amp and speakers just for a but of fun,
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Sorry, no help to you whatsoever, just the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this thread.....

Hi Bob
    What HiFi magazine has just come out with their 2014 reviews/awards - suggest a good starting point as in the back they list all tested equipment and findings, starting with budget. Richers sounds may well have, or be able to acquire whichever thereafter.
    My 'starter' a long time ago was a Dual CS505 - think they do a CS505? (some letter now) which is still well thought of.
    AV Forum would also be a good one to join and see what is about as Audiophiles upgrade.
    Cheers
    F

Should be loads of Technics 1200 or 1210 about as all the DJs have moved onto digital media and laptop based mixing. None of that fancy fragile hi-fi nerd nonsense, hard as nails and sound output that served the entertainment and music industry for decades.

Rega Planer 3 with a decent arm/cartridge, shouldn't cost too much these days.

Neil.

I have an EMT948 if you wanted to make me an offer :-) It weights about 120lb so should be easy to stick in a jiffy bag and pop in the post!
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

Hi H-6

Yes an R-P3 wont cost too much - with RB2/300? arm over 500, not sure if that ncludes some form of cartridge.......

L

go on hifi tower ,its a german firm do all this stuff fairly cheaply.got my old man a cd/record/double tape player for 120 quid .looks like a 80,s unit but plenty good enough for personal use.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    some great tips lads thank you

I'm in no rush I just set up the 8 speakers subwoofer and ran the B and O gear through it but its not the same, I will have a good look later but some nice gear here,

also running the Revox reel to reel in to it all at some point if I have enough room

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    I just set up the 8 speakers subwoofer

bob.
    With that set up it matters not what turntable you use, because it will not sound anything the artist intended
    Planer 3, Linn Basik Plus arm and a decent cartridge to suit the rest of your stereo* system is all you need.

Neil.

* two speakers

Several Planer 3's on the bay now, for not much money.
    Last edited by Hornet 6; 16-11-2014 at 00:25.