Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CDI Precision Trigger Guard Magazine Coversion - Winchester Model 70

CDI Precision Trigger Guard Magazine Coversion - Winchester Model 70

Anyone know of anyone else who sells these CDI units, I know MidwayUK have them but lets face it, that's the last place you go due to their highly inflated prices.

Mutley,
    You could contact Dave Wilde at Valkyrie Rifles he has conversions a bit cheaper he can fit them too if you wish. See what you think. I prefer steel myself. floorplates -

Cheers, not keen on Steel and I doubt he does one for a Model 70, but will drop him a line.

If Dave at Valkyrie cannot help you... then I imagine no one could help. Best of luck.

PTG make floor plates for the Mod 70.

Not sure about a detach mag conversion for the 70 though..

Midway price for the Cdi is 284 plus shipping which will be a tenner...

Compare that to a Rem 700 bottom metal conversion from say Third Eye Tactical at 180 plus shipping and your obviously paying another hundred quid before you add the AICS mag.

Having said that, the Cdi Precision gear is good quality, you have a (dare I say) not as popular rifle brand (in the UK) anyway, so will pay over the odds for any aftermarket add ons..

You've got to ask yourself if its worth the extra cash...
    Last edited by Ronin; 15-11-2014 at 20:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmist View Post
    PTG make floor plates for the Mod 70.

Not sure about a detach mag conversion for the 70 though..

Midway price for the Cdi is 284 plus shipping which will be a tenner...

Compare that to a Rem 700 bottom metal conversion from say Third Eye Tactical at 180 plus shipping and your obviously paying another hundred quid before you add the AICS mag.

Having said that, the Cdi Precision gear is good quality, you have a (dare I say) not as popular rifle brand (in the UK) anyway, so will pay over the odds for any aftermarket add ons..

You've got to ask yourself if its worth the extra cash...
    I already have a PTG bottom metal on it, but as I want to start shooting McQueens a mag is pretty much essential. The PTG will be going on the Model 70 .223.
    The CDI's for all rifles are the same price, as are stocks etc, so dont pay anymore than anyone else, they are just not as readily available, you have to work a bit harder to get them.
    Worth it?, yes every penny, nice to have something a bit special that performs as good as it looks, rather than the same as everyone else (dare I say it) and as I don't chop and change rifles as a lot on here seem to do, the amount I spend on this is still cheaper than buying multiple rifles.

Agreed the 70 is very underrated.

Not sure you'll find Cdi anywhere in the UK other than from Midway.

They obviously have export credentials but finding someone with Export Licence in the UK with them will be the issue.

Suggest emailing them and asking.

Any part over 100 USD now requires federal licence which is a royal pain in the axx

If it were me, id just bite the bullet and play Midway (though it pains me to say it)

i am looking for one of these for my savage. Sent cdi gunworks an email, he is happy to send them directly to you. Just need the penny's to pay for in now

Quote Originally Posted by n3al View Post
    i am looking for one of these for my savage. Sent cdi gunworks an email, he is happy to send them directly to you. Just need the penny's to pay for in now
    Sounds OK?? Don't have a Credit Card so that one would be out anyway.

When I ordered a stock from McMillan I also wanted a Badger triggerguard floorplate and screws. They said they could ship the stock as it was classed as manufactured fiberglass but could not ship the screws or the floorplate under any circumstances due to US regulation. Before you pay for anything I would double check or triple check the rules. A Federal firearms law violation is a very serious problem with heavy sentencing. I ended up buying a Dakota Arms floorplate from Midway UK and gave them a fair bit of cash for it but it took away all the problems.... If Midway have what you want as previously said I would give some consideration to just buying it from them. In a few months you wont even think about the price. Others may be able to advise better on the legal aspects of shipping from the US though. Just giving you my thoughts.